PDA

View Full Version : How do you control your anxiety?

Lissy43
07-07-10, 16:24
Well it has reared its ugly head again abit lately since my headaches in the last few weeks, ive only had 2 but still it seems to have flared up my anxiety about being on the pill. No every ache, pain etc.... I am on edge. Like now I feel windy, tummy ache and sickly and I feel on edge that I am ill. I know deep down I am fine, I know it is probably tiredness and all the rushing round I have done today. I haven't stopped, and I only had 3 hours sleep last night, and the night before because my daughter has an ear infection.

I just wish I knew how to ignore these fears when they hit, how do you stop worrying about every ache, pain, feeling... and stop thinking and imagining that it is something serious or an illness?? i always picture myself ill with something serious:blush:

I had CBT 2 yrs ago which was helpful, but I am struggling to use it at the moment.The last 6 months I am so jumpy when I feel slightly unwell. I suffer alot with my tummy, wind etc.. but I alwys get scared it means something far worse:-(

I am exhausted too:-( which makes everything seem ten times worse doesn't it. Having 3 small children to take care of and a house to run, well I feel drained lately:weep:

Vixxy
07-07-10, 16:38
I know you said youre struggling with using CBT, but it might help you.
Every time you get one of those thoughts jot it down and then you can start to see which are your hot thoughts.
Then you can work on an alternative thought for it. Maybe you can tell us what those thoughts are and we can all help to give you an alternative thought that you can believe in?

phw
07-07-10, 16:45
Jessica. As I am sitting here I can only relate too well. I understand how you are feeling and I know that it is not ideal. You know, so many of this physical "symptoms" are only "feelings". Funny part is that our stubborn minds are telling us all this wrong things and that only adds to our physical tiredness and "feelings".

When I go through a rough patch, like now, i tend to be bloated, have pain in my rib muscles and my appetite disappears. Now, if you don't eat, you feel even worse.. The vicious cycle hey? So how to break it? If I knew the answer, I would have been a billionaire by now:)

I want you to know that you are okay. Being tired is perfectly normal. Havimg kids can be very axhausting and your body is just really tired. Don't be scared of "burnout". You will be fine. I would like to know that you are at least eating okay AND please try to take a walk sometime during the day. Even if it is only for 10 minutes.

Try not to be in control too much and control what you actually can. You will see. When you break it all down to smaller compartments, there are only a few things that you HAVE to do. The rest will sort itself out. Also, be patient with yourself.

I have had a bit of trouble sleeping the last few weeks. I have now found that camomile tea late at night helps a lot! Try it if you want.

Good luck and hey, you are blessed with children! Enjoy them as much as you can!

h:D

Lissy43
07-07-10, 21:26
I know you said youre struggling with using CBT, but it might help you.
Every time you get one of those thoughts jot it down and then you can start to see which are your hot thoughts.
Then you can work on an alternative thought for it. Maybe you can tell us what those thoughts are and we can all help to give you an alternative thought that you can believe in?
Thanks Vixxy.

I shall write things down and maybe post on here for support?

Thank you, you are always so lovely:)

Vixxy
08-07-10, 09:54
Go for it. I found it hard to come up with a decent alternative thought, in the end my therapist had to give me one lol. This was only on Monday, so ive still got how he did it freshly in my mind. Maybe I can come up with a decent one for you too :)