PDA

View Full Version : High Blood Pressure?

Ella_Jayne
07-07-10, 21:12
I saw my GP today about dizziness that I've been getting, he took my BP which is usually around 120/80 but today it was 130/90, he said it was quite normal and not that I don't believe him but from reading things about BP I would be in the moderately high category? This kind of worries me. I was a bit anxious when I went to see him and know this can effect your BP but other times that I have seen him I've been anxious and had better readings. I'm quite worried. I have to go back on friday for a blood test, I may say it to him again. Has anyone had High BP readings before? I'm just a bit worried.

joannap
07-07-10, 21:17
this is not high!!!! anything up to 140 gps consider ok. my bp is always around 120 but i had a patch of readings in the 140's - my gp wasn't bothered by them so please do not build this up into a phobia x

joannap
07-07-10, 21:18
ps - 120 is considered perfect - anything up to 140 is considered pre hypertension but still clinically normal x

joannap
07-07-10, 21:19
ps - have your had your thyroid checked? this can cause dizziness and slightly elevated bp x

ladybird64
Hi.

I have high blood pressure and can reassure you that your reading is not considered high at all, they only tend to look on high blood pressure as anything over 140, the diastolic (lower number) would also be significantly raised.

try not to worry :flowers:

Zee
Hi Ella Jayne.. the reading I had few months ago was 150/90 and the GP told me he expected it to show a bit higher as I was so anxious. besides which, I hate going to doctors.. I pushed him on the reading and he assured me that it was ok and all of my FBC tests showed physically very well.

Ella_Jayne
07-07-10, 21:29
ps - have your had your thyroid checked? this can cause dizziness and slightly elevated bp x

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, I had my Thyroid checked about 6 months ago, it was normal. He said he'll check it again when he does the blood test on Friday. Hopefully it will come back ok. I keep getting dizzy, feeling like the room is spinning around for a minute then it goes away and leaves me feeling offbalance for most of the day.

He asked me if I thought it was anxiety and I didn't know what to say, I just asked him the same question back and he said 'It could very well be'. All the dizziness along with flutters in my chest from time to time and the odd chest pain have gotten me concerned.

Thanks again for the replies x :)