PDA

View Full Version : Happy Moment of The Day - Please post

suzannacorfu
07-07-10, 21:54
Guys, Granny, Lynnann and I have decided to start a new thread. We want to put down ANY happy moments in a day. We believe that writing them down will make us enjoy them for longer. It doesn't matter that we may get swamped with panic, anxiety depression straight away. What metter is recognising that there WERE happy moments during the day. What constitutes a happy moment? Anything that makes you smile (even a slight twitch will do), laugh or even say "awww, how sweet".
We get so wrapped up in the fear and sadness that we don't really even notice the good bits of the day. We want to try and even out the good and bad bits. So please join us!
Today I had 3 or 4:
Good results at work, the new puppy did a somersault and I just curled up laughing. I went into the bathroom and saw a middle-aged lady looking at me and realised it was me and had to laugh at the surprised look on her face!!
Be well all and instead of bloody symptoms let's write the good stuff
Suz

supersezza
07-07-10, 21:59
ha ha good point!

i saw a snake today in the woods! it was a cool moment!

i laughed at the end of a supernatural episode when dean sings a song.

my brother gave me his cuddly toy which was sweet!

suzannacorfu
07-07-10, 22:04
Way to go Supersezza!! let's see how many good moments there REALLY are in a day! Thanks for helping us!

LowrieT
07-07-10, 22:07
I always try to keep positive and not give in to anxiety. I say bugga it and tae hell and do what i want to do whatever... Today my aaaah moment was seeing half a dozen tiny partridges (red legged). I feed the birds all year and frequently have partridges so this was a big bonus seeing their babies.

susan64
07-07-10, 22:36
Hi all, my happy moment of the day has been spending it with my youngest son, nearly 18, dinner out in manchester and shopping, spending a bit of money on my little boy.....made me and him happy!

Ronster
08-07-10, 02:51
Great idea Suz,

I had a few today:

-Watching my 4 year old boxer playing with his 1 year old boxer friend, they absolutely love each other and I love watching them. Such inoccent genuine fun they must have.
- Coaching my little league 14 and 15 year old boys in baseball tonight, they have a true genuine respect for me and I them. We always have a laugh and a good time. It's very good for me.
- I confirmed a motorcycle rental today for a trip in the Colorado Rockies, got the bike I wanted and felt great about it, really excited I leave on Sat.

thanks for the good idea, we should do this daily.

Ron

Granny Primark
08-07-10, 11:00
My hubby bought me a cup of tea in bed before he went work.
It would have been a lovely gesture but at 5.30am who wants to be woken up.:shrug:
I also found out that Id won a disney dvd for my grandaughter on ebay.:D

dreena
08-07-10, 11:10
my 2 year old used the potty for the first time today, yay :) but i praised him too much and now he wont get off the potty lol.... still a good moment though x x

Jenny85
08-07-10, 11:10
A book about Eric Cantona arrived in the post that I'd bought for my wee sister. I have no idea why that child is so interested in him. Way before her time. She just thinks he's a very fit Frenchman. It makes me laugh. But it made her very happy. When the seagulls follow the trawler etc...

Granny Primark
08-07-10, 11:17
dreena ive had that moment with my 2 year old grandaughter not so long ago.
Its brill.
I went singing and dancing round the livingroom "wee wee on the potty, wee wee on the potty"
I think gary lineakers yummy jenny. Is it any wonder people think im strange?

suzannacorfu
08-07-10, 11:41
I love that we are having so many good moments guys!!! Ok here is mine for today:
New puppy arrived on my doorstep 10 days ago having been abandoned (I already have 2 dogs). This one is a cross between a pekingese, a poodle and the back of a bus with the latter part winning!! He is very funny and a joy to watch. Today he has a new game plan for sleeping: he wants to sleep under the settee so he puts his head under and the rest is just sticking out! This really get my Cairn Terrier going manic because they have a really high prey drive and she thinks it's a headless something-or-other that needs to be chased so she grabbed hold of the tail and dragged the puppy (Chico) out into the garden!!! Both were very surprised I can assure you.
See? I laughed when it happened and I'm smiling again as I write this! So I get 2 lots of "Happy Moments" from one. Gotta' be a good deal.
Keep posting guys I get to smile with yours too remember! I really can't read anymore symptoms because there are not enough hours left in the day for me to get them too!! LOL
Suz

Jenny85
08-07-10, 11:47
Gary Lineker's alright! Better looking than Wayne Rooney anyway.:D

Kelley
08-07-10, 13:03
Being the middle of winter over here, i find the days a bit of a struggle. However, i was blessed today with a day off work and at about 1pm i noticed the sun was shining beautifully outside, so i decided to go out and throw the ball for my dog. I ended up laying on my back on the grass feeling the warmth of the sun and the cool breeze on my face looking up at the gorgeous blue / cloudy sky watching a plane taking a glider up and felt so incredibly spiritual and at peace. I am ever so thankful for this moment as i have been struggling alot lately with my eptopics and this brought some much needed distraction.

Cheers,
Kel :)

Granny Primark
08-07-10, 13:38
Ive just walked in the living room to find my 2 year old grandaughter covered in lipstick and wearing my reading glasses!
When I asked her what shed done that for she told me she wanted look like nanny!!!!

suzannacorfu
08-07-10, 14:04
Hey Lynn!! So you must be REALLY good-looking huh?? I wished someone wanted to look like me!!! Well, apart from my dog that is...

Suz

Rachel_123
08-07-10, 14:09
i was so happy this morning when i woke up, all warm and cuddly. i nearly forgot about anxiety alltogether!!

suzannacorfu
08-07-10, 14:12
Way to go Rachel!!!! Hold onto that moment and that emotion! What's the worst that could happen? LOL

suzannacorfu
08-07-10, 14:13
Just a thought: is all this smiling a new symptom guys?? I mean there seem to be quite a few of us having the same symptom today...
Suz

JaneC
08-07-10, 14:16
I was at my friend's son's wedding yesterday. He and his new wife are only 20 and 21, and he is only halfway through university, and their families have quite different outlooks on life so there has been a lot of mixed feelings about them getting married.

But we all had such a lovely day, met up with people whose company we enjoy but don't see too often. The bride was unbelievably beautiful and their love for each other was so obvious and uplifting.

An extra bonus for me - the sort of day that in the past would have been ruined by panic for me; zero panic this time :)

Vixxy
08-07-10, 14:21
Ive had a few lovely moments today.
Firstly my cat woke up and started purring and mewing at me because she saw me when she opened her eyes. Its great to feel so loved by an animal.
I also made myself a sandwich today for lunch. Ive not been eating well since I got ill, so this is a big step for me!

suzannacorfu
08-07-10, 14:24
Vixxy!!!!!! Lunch???!!! Wow! I'm so pleased for you!

Rachel_123
08-07-10, 16:16
Way to go Rachel!!!! Hold onto that moment and that emotion! What's the worst that could happen? LOL

thanks hun!

Ronster
08-07-10, 16:23
Sleeped through the night for the first time in??? Don't know how long. I actually sleeped 7 hours. WOW!!!!!!!!

Lynnann
08-07-10, 16:24
My happy moment of today was watching my work collegues play with a Flying Monkey, Screaming Monkey, Monkey Catapult Toy. well funny :roflmao:

Lynnann:flowers:

Granny Primark
08-07-10, 17:49
I sleep with a monkey:shades::D

sb001f8994
08-07-10, 18:33
Hi all,
I had a very happy time last night, it was my daughters 17th birthday and we had a family tea with my parents round. We ate round the table for a change, lovely food, good company and a right good laugh.
Today, Ive been out in the car, which being agoraphobic is good and made another delicious meal. My tastebuds have not been good to me of late and everything was starting to taste bland.
Oh happy days!!!

Vixxy
08-07-10, 18:36
Vixxy!!!!!! Lunch???!!! Wow! I'm so pleased for you!
hehe thanks! Feeling chuffed that im finally starting to eat normally again :)

This is a great thread everyone is coming up with brilliant reasons to be happy. I think we all deserve a big pat on the back for seeing the good things in life!

agnes
08-07-10, 18:40
A staff nurse and I laughing our socks off whilst trying to remember the words of Old Mother Hubbard after a really hectic, stressful day.

Then, after work, calling in to see my 4 month old granddaughter and getting a lovely, lovely smile from her.

Granny Primark
08-07-10, 18:52
Thats great that so many have seen the good things in our daily lives.
Thanks suz and lynnann.
Its so easy to dwell on the bad things.
I may have a bad day tomorrow but i need to focus more on the good days.

suzannacorfu
08-07-10, 18:58
Of course we may have a bad day tomorrow Lynn but usually we would have spent TODAY worrying about having a bad day tomorrow right?????? BUT WE DIDN'T (well at least not ALL day)!!!!!!
Come on I really think that we are onto something here ladies.
You must all think that I am one of those REALLY annoying optimists. You could not be further from the truth! I'm a joyous person at heart but optimism is my strength and anxiety and depression took a toll on what optimism I ever had. But really dear new friends of mine after reading all the posts that ring so close to home I suddenly thought "Hey wait a minute, there must be SOME good parts to the day!" This thread is doing me a world of good. Hope we carry it on. We should even when we are having a bad day.
Love
Suz

juliej
08-07-10, 19:07
What a great thread it makes me smile . I picked up my eldest sons suit today for his prom tomorrow. He is so grown up and handsome , he makes me feel very proud :D

julie x

suzannacorfu
08-07-10, 19:12
Great to hear that julie!! Smiling is gooooood!

Going home
08-07-10, 19:15
Well its not much but seeing my blood pressure come right down today has made me smile...there are definately more good days than bad ones now :)

Anna xxx

Ronster
08-07-10, 19:16
hey now there is one guy enjoying these thread's too you know. I have been enjoying these as much as you all and very happy to see finally there is good coming out if these thread. I have been finding that the regular threads themselves was triggering negativity for at times. Not to say I haven't apprcatied the support nor giving it because I have used them very much.

But you all right, we need some positivity here as well as the stories and support.

Today's laugh for me has just hangin with my 20 something year old employees, they are all a bunch of great kids with lot's of humor. They have all been very supportive of my condition and all though I am 20 plus years their senior we have lot's of fun working together.

Thanks guys for this new thread.

Ron

suzannacorfu
08-07-10, 19:22
Hey Anna blood pressure down? That's great!! Just that one "it's not much" thing is something!
Ronster welcome to the daft "Happy Moment" thread! I agree with you that the support here is amazing and I am not knocking it. However there are only so many symptoms that my poor body can deal with at any given time (have you ever tried to have cancer, a heart attack AND a brain tumour at the same time??? I tell ya I was overloading!!!)
One piece of truth: it is impossible to have a panic attack and laugh at the same time
Suz
PS Ronster: about time we had a good-looking guy on this thread!

holly23
09-07-10, 01:10
for me it was enrolling for my second year at uni. when just a few weeks ago i had to leave from anxiety and wasnt sure i was going back! :) lol..

margaret jones
09-07-10, 10:40
Brilliant thread you girls are great did not laugh much yesterday but will certainly look for some laughs today and report back to you all
Maggiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

suzannacorfu
09-07-10, 10:57
Well done Holly!!! I'm so happy for you!
Marggie: it doesn't need to be a laugh, girl!!! Just a smile or even a slight twitch of the top left-hand corner of your lip will do!!!! At first it may seem like an anxiety symptom but NOPE it's the start of a smile Lady Maggie!! It doesn't "cure" anything but it does make a difference
This thread is making me realise that the crap is not 24/7!
Suz

Granny Primark
09-07-10, 14:21
My happy moment of the day was when I realised I hadnt gone deaf.
It was just that my grandaughter had gone sleep.:D
Im just waiting now to find out that my hubbys passed his jobs 5 year medical and can continue working.
That definitely be my happy moment of the day.

suzannacorfu
09-07-10, 14:29
Hey Lynn, I just popped in to see if you had posted here today! Glad to hear you're not deaf! I SADI I'M GLAD TO HEAR YOU'RE NOT DEAF!!!!!
Good luck with your husband's medical.
Well that makes my smile for today!! LOL

Have a hug!
Suz

Granny Primark
09-07-10, 15:00
lol suz:D
My hubbys medical was cancelled. A young lad jumped off his bus and sprained his ankle so my hubby was late for the medical.
I feel so much better now for thinking of the good things that happen instead of the bad.
Waking up to blue sky and sunshine was a good start to the day.

suzannacorfu
09-07-10, 15:50
Aw Lynn I am sooooooooooooooo glad that you are feeling a little better! Come on we can do this you know! It's not a matter of fighting it Lynn I think it's a matter of learning to live with it!! Crap happens but so does good stuff too! It is so very, very easy to focus on the bad stuff and underestimate the good stuff. OK so what that I felt jittery in the supermarket this morning when I went???? It lasted 30 minutes and then it went away! And?? Big deal!! Before that would have ruined the rest of my day with me thinking "I'm a failure", "I'm never going to get better" etc. etc. OK now I say yep this morning I was jittery and I cant go to the supermarket with ease. BIG DEAL!! If I had to have both legs amputated I be going to the bloody supermarket with even LESS ease!!
I feel MUCH better as well from reading this thread every day.
Thanks Lynn for being the inspiration for this thread! We ALL owe you
Suz

supersezza
09-07-10, 16:51
erm, i left the house, i managed to drive my car successfully, i saw my housemate, i went shopping and i sat in the sun!

suzannacorfu
09-07-10, 17:58
Supersezza now you are taking things to the limits!! How am I gonna' compete with all THAT?????
Serioulsy way to go!!
Suz

margaret jones
09-07-10, 18:15
Hi well positive happy things ?? went shopping and wandered around instead of rushing in out . Went to Gp chatted about my BP being so up/down promised to try and monitor it at home Yippee have removed the machine from cupboard not taken it yet but it is a start , also going to join wieght watchers i have gained 2 stone in the last 18mnths so that will help Bp if i lose some wieght ,not bad girls :Dxxxxxxx

Maggie

suzannacorfu
09-07-10, 18:28
Maggieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Superwoman!!!!! I'm proud of ya!!
Suz

supersezza
09-07-10, 18:35
thanks suzanne...u r right sometimes we dont recognise what we do do!

Lynnann
09-07-10, 18:55
several happy moments today,

Passed the park where I used to take my children to play, the meories made me smile:)
then passed the childrens school/home for severly disabled children and was grateful my children were born healthy; puts things in perspective sometimes.

And found my best mate from school on FB haven't seen or heard from in 24yrs, apparently she has also been looking for me for years :Dwhich has really made my day, sitting here with a stupid grin even now:D

suzannacorfu
09-07-10, 19:05
Hey Lynnann!!! What a surprise for you!! 24 years??? What were you 2 when you lost touch with her then??
Suz

Lynnann
09-07-10, 19:35
Hi Suz,

I was 15 when I last saw her, great to find her, it really is :)

Granny Primark
10-07-10, 06:12
Aww Lynn what a fantastic thing to happen after all those years.:hugs::D:hugs::D:hugs:
My goodness youve got a lot of catching up to do.
Well my grandaughter wakened me up this morning at 5.20am.
I guess I should be grumpy but who wouldnt smile at the sound of a 2 year old singing "Never smile at a crocodile"
Id got the sunshine outside and my little sunshine in bed with me.:)

suzannacorfu
10-07-10, 07:44
Hy Lynn, You really sound sooooooooooo much more cheerful! What a lovely picture "sunshine outside and sunshine in bed with you"!!!!!
Thanks for waking me up with that gorgeous thought!! I'm just drinking my morning cup of tea. The new puppy Chico is playing with the dog from upstairs (we are dog-sitting her!) and my other 2 dogs who are so much more "serious" are just watching them with a disdainful look!!
I tell you Lynn, it is so great to see that this thread is being added to every day!
Love Suz

Lynnann
10-07-10, 12:43
Hey Lynn,

Your grandaughter is gorgeous and I think being woken by her singing is the best way possible to start your day. I have the weekend off and no kids as they are working at silverstone for the grand prix, so peace and quiet lol apart from the dog that is lol, so that is something to smile about as it is a change :)

Vixxy
10-07-10, 15:26
Today my happy moment was when I baked some lemon muffins with a lemon glaze. And I ate one! Big thing for me seeing as I worry about food making me ill.
It was also nice that my mum said it was the best cake i had ever made! Now to wait on my husbands opinion :D

margaret jones
10-07-10, 19:29
Happy Happy :) Just managed to take my BP and it was not to bad :) promised GP i will try well 1 day at a time :D xxxxxxxxxx

Maggie

supersezza
10-07-10, 20:24
today i made some cute gingerbread men! with raisons for buttons, cherries for a mouth and also some dolly mixtures and icing sugar for buttons...they were yummy and everyone liked them!

i also watered the garden as my dad isn't very well and also played on out Wii for a while which was ok....!

neshpot
10-07-10, 22:19
My happy moment today - spending some time with my eldest son and his family and especially watching my 3 year old grandson on the trampoline. He made me go on with him. My God I was knackered after five minutes! But it was fun. :emot-giggle:

Granny Primark
11-07-10, 11:54
My happy moment of today is the relief I feel after just finishing a pile of ironing!:yesyes:

suzannacorfu
11-07-10, 11:58
Lynn!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT!!!! I came online to see where you were!!! I missed you yesterday!!
You really are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrell on this "Happy Moment" thing though!!!! Relief at finishing the ironing?????????????? Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzz!
So my happy moment of today (SO FAR--) is that Lynn has finished her pile of ironing...:ohmy:

Love ya!
Suz

Vixxy
11-07-10, 13:36
My happy moment was doing a bit of gardening this morning. I'm growing my own vegetables this year. First time ever! Today I went out there and the tomatos are flowering. Such an achievment :)

suzannacorfu
11-07-10, 13:56
Vixxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I grow my own veg too!!!! I really "get" you on this one! I have been eating tomatoes, auabergines, cucumbers and courgettes for the past month all from my garden!!
Suz

Granny Primark
11-07-10, 14:38
Thats brill!
My dad always said gardening was theraputic.
But if I see a worm I run in the house screaming.

suzannacorfu
11-07-10, 14:41
Well that's one way to get an aerobic workout Lynn!!!!!! That's usually MY reaction when I walk past a mirror!! Keeps me fit though....

Vixxy
11-07-10, 16:16
hehe I planted mine a bit late, so theyre only just starting to flower. Its a learning curve for next year though.
I totally agree that its theraputic, it gives me something to do and look forward too. Cant wait till I get some veg from them :)

supersezza
11-07-10, 18:18
i phoned my friend for a chat, i did the washing up and i got up and dressed when i didn't really want to : )

suzannacorfu
11-07-10, 18:20
Now THAT"S what I call over and above the call of duty Supersezza!! Well done u!

supersezza
11-07-10, 18:53
thank you!

Vixxy
11-07-10, 19:19
Well done sezza. Sometimes even the little things are a big task for us, so doing 3 is great!

Vixxy
11-07-10, 20:21
Another happy moment. I put on weight for the 3rd week in a row :) Im now 7st 1/4lbs :D So happy to be finally getting past this.

Granny Primark
12-07-10, 16:36
Thats brill vixxy.
Ive been on a bit of a downer today but dont know why.
Perhaps its the lack of sunshine or its just me feeling old! lol
Ive got my grandaughter over night so im looking forward to seeing her smiley face in the morning.
And im also looking forward tomorrow to the postman coming cus Ive bought a dvd and a cd off ebay.
And guess what songs on the cd?............
"never smile at a crocodile":D

suzannacorfu
12-07-10, 16:58
Lynn - However much I try I honestly cannot say that I could get THAT excited over "never smile at a crocodile"..... but whatever works for you doll!!! That's the thing Lynn : IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT UR A LITTLE DOWN TODAY!!!!!!!!! Everyone on the bloody planet gets down darlin'!!!!!! We just get scared when we get down (although that DOES sound like we're about to start HipHop dancing!!). OK so what? You're a little down?? Later you'll be up again. THAT'S WHAT COUNTS. Last week you'd have been down and NOT thought of a happy moment at all!!??

Vixxy - Way to go!!! Just don't you DARE let me find a wailing post from you a few weeks down the line entitled "HELP - Need to Diet!!! Am soooooo DOWN". LOL

Today I have had MANY Happy Moments and ALL from people saying how much they enjoyed my "Pull Yourself Together" thread!!! Ooooooooooo maybe I'm a new JK Rowley???????
If I do become a millionaire from this then please do NOT think that I'll be in here moaning about my symptoms!!!!

Lov ya all
Suz

supersezza
12-07-10, 18:06
oooh happy moment...i started taking some photos of things to sell on ebay!

Anna C
12-07-10, 18:43
Hi,

This is a great thread. I recently read that what you pay attention to you get more of, so I'm trying to pay attention to the good stuff, as I really need more of it!:)
My happy moments today are.
The people in work who smiled at me and said hello, having lunch with a friend, chatting to a friend I haven't seen for ages, speaking on the phone to two people who I get on with. Also over the weekend babysitting for my two young nieces who make me laugh.

Anna

margaret jones
12-07-10, 19:39
Well happy day reading Suzi thread (Pull yourself together ):) also my nieces little girl asked me to paint her fingernails/ toenails she is a little darling only 3 going on 18

Be Back Tomorrow Maggie :D

panicdiva
12-07-10, 19:51
Taking a walk in the sunshine with my daughter (12) today.

My daughter & I having an interesting conversation today at lunch.

My teenage son actually smiling at something I said today (I really miss his smiles, he was such a smiley child).

Being on holiday from work!!! Fab.

Gazz
12-07-10, 19:57
My happy moment of the day was when i stole suzannacorfus glasses when she was on the treadmill. It really cracked me up because she went all the way to the 14th hole searching for them sorry suzz i will return them immediately.

suzannacorfu
12-07-10, 20:02
Yes people this is true I was having my morning tea in Chat and Gazz nicked my glasses. I kept looking for them all day while he sent me on wild goosechases!!!! Even nicked my golf ball and told me that I was a "Blind Old Bat"!!!! His EXACT words!!!!!!
but revenge will be mine...
:mad:
Suz (blind old bat)

Vixxy
12-07-10, 21:43
Suz you deserve to feel happy over your post. And I'm so glad you do :hugs:
I promise I won't ask for a diet! Although I'm going to be mighty sad when I'm not allowed to eat too many cakes lol!
My happy moment today was when my husband said he was proud of me!

onceagain
13-07-10, 21:30
woohoo lifted myself from the depths tonight what a great feeling...

But my happy moment is that my daughter took so much pleasure from treating her mum and step dad to a chip shop supper and teasing me about what she is doing for me for my birthday which is months and months away yet..she says it is something that I've always wanted to experience and she had me guessing like crazy but still wouldn't give it away..

She was always my reason for being strong and I'm so proud of the person she has become...

Granny Primark
15-07-10, 08:27
I didnt sleep so good last night.
Every now and again I would start laughing.
Why cus last night at teatime I had what many of you think might be a strange happy moment.
I was looking after my grandaughter who is in the process of being potty trained.
Shed done good all day by going on the potty.
Then at tea time she ran in the house with no pants on.
Nanny nanny come look at me she said. I followed her outs side and she stood in the garden and weed outside! She was in fits of giggles. I can still see her little smiley face and I cant get her giggly voice out of my head.

Vixxy
15-07-10, 17:41
Im happy that I managed to try on clothes in the changing room in Tesco. Even more impressed that the clothing section is upstairs!

Heaven_Scent
15-07-10, 18:21
Coming in from work to be greeted by my two gorgeous doggies :) Xx:wub::wub:

juliej
16-07-10, 03:35
Going to lunch with my friend at a nice pub on the seafront . My little girl telling me she loves me and my eldest son (16) giving me a kiss and a hug as he could see I was feeling down :)

Julie x

Bill
16-07-10, 04:12
Bedtime so I can be alone to picture the things I miss.:)

Vixxy
16-07-10, 17:23
Im happy that today I drove even further away from my house. Thinking about it I almost doubled the distance. Im also happy that the greggs store had an iced ring doughnut :D

supersezza
16-07-10, 19:43
i painted my toe nails today! also did the washing up and helped my dad fix our TV! looking forward to the last jon ross tonight and getting excited about robbie and take that!!

onceagain
16-07-10, 19:48
right now I've the house to myself, a yummy takeaway some alcoholic refreshments and I'm now on annual leave woo hoo x

gypsywomen
16-07-10, 19:56
just finnised decorating my bedroom looks good:Dexcuse spelling keypad missing letters

spikey0377
16-07-10, 21:46
I went to the beach today for the first time in weeks, watched my dog running in the surf, smelt the sea, and breathed in the fresh air, watched a pair of Oyster Catchers feeding their baby's it was amazing, made me realise what I have been missing these last few weeks from hiding away from the weather. Then watched Only Fools and Horses and laughed so much at Del Boy, it is definately good to laugh.:D

Vixxy
17-07-10, 11:55
I went to the beach today for the first time in weeks, watched my dog running in the surf, smelt the sea, and breathed in the fresh air, watched a pair of Oyster Catchers feeding their baby's it was amazing, made me realise what I have been missing these last few weeks from hiding away from the weather. Then watched Only Fools and Horses and laughed so much at Del Boy, it is definately good to laugh.:D
That sounds lovely. Wish I could have been there:D

margaret jones
17-07-10, 19:22
:)Hi happy day for me managed to have a little ride on my horse after 1 yr only in yard but i was fine a little trot as well :D i have been suffering from anxiety and was afraid of something horrid happening to me but i did it :winks:
Maggiexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

supersezza
17-07-10, 21:32
had my friends over and got some lovely birthday presents, went for a walk with mum and played Wii with my brother...

Caz 47
17-07-10, 21:54
Being the middle of winter over here, i find the days a bit of a struggle. However, i was blessed today with a day off work and at about 1pm i noticed the sun was shining beautifully outside, so i decided to go out and throw the ball for my dog. I ended up laying on my back on the grass feeling the warmth of the sun and the cool breeze on my face looking up at the gorgeous blue / cloudy sky watching a plane taking a glider up and felt so incredibly spiritual and at peace. I am ever so thankful for this moment as i have been struggling alot lately with my eptopics and this brought some much needed distraction.

Cheers,
Kel :)

That sounds beautiful ....... Carole x

Caz 47
17-07-10, 22:10
Oh gosh i have so enjoyed reading all about everyones happy moments so so positive so keep sending them in i just luv to know what makes folks happy ..
I like gardening its theraputic in so many ways had a good few hours today reorganising and then i got onto my computer which makes me happy too playing music and it just makes me feel closer to the world ....

I fed my neighbours two cats and they are beautiful love at first sight LOL ...
:hugs:to everyone .... Carole x

Vixxy
18-07-10, 10:59
My happy moment was lying in bed with my husband with him massaging all my aching muscles. It was great to get all that horrid anxiety tension out of my body.

supersezza
19-07-10, 15:29
I might go for a couple of posts today to accentuate the positives on my birthday!

I opened some lovely cards this morning from about 30 friends...wow!

I got lots of facebook posts and also texts too!

I have also put a few things on ebay today! Woo!

Dragonsblonde
28-07-10, 08:23
Kissing my husband and knowing he loves and supports me

and arriving at work without too much anxiety for the second week in a row

Kerry B
28-07-10, 22:57
Going to a Shopping Retail Park and walking around the shops without feeling dizzy, this has happened since May, so I am well pleased.
Going to the Pub for lunch with my Partner again havent done this since May

Going home
28-07-10, 23:01
Hearing today that we've got the house we wanted and that I have no fear of moving into it, even though its in another town. I know that i'm ready to move onwards and upwards finally. Without the help of this forum I would never have been able to do it..:D

Anna xxx

blue moon
28-07-10, 23:07
Hello all xx I woke up this morning to the sound of children laughing and playing,what a lovely sound:D
Petra xx

Going home
28-07-10, 23:10
Ok, now my eye is twitching madly again so...the good with the bad yes? :D

supersezza
29-07-10, 00:54
seeing my friends 10 month old...he's so cute!
and the new series of californication!

supersezza
29-07-10, 23:09
cleaning my car for an hour and a half!!!!

anthrokid
30-07-10, 04:13
My boyfriend came all the way back from uni and was late to workbecause he realised I left my medication in his car and he didn't want me to worry about not taking it.

blue moon
30-07-10, 22:49
My sister is coming over for a holiday,I have not seen her since my husband and I fled Iran :D

Vixxy
31-07-10, 10:04
My cat letting me smooth her stomach. Its very rare for her to allow me to do that.

calm
31-07-10, 10:18
going for a walk with my dog ruby....to be able to get out from the four walls is such an amazing feeling :)

jothenurse
31-07-10, 13:16
I mowed the lawn today - that was a great accomplishment because I have bad tachycardia with panic, so get pretty nervous when my pulse goes up.

abbey10
31-07-10, 13:34
Hi all

The cat who lives in one of the flats near me always sits at the top of the landing.

She always gets up when she sees me in order to give her lots of attention. She then proceeds to follow me to the next landing & sticks her head through the bannisters for a tickle.

I haven't seen her for a while however she was there this morning and our little ritual continued - it really makes me laugh.

Emphyrio
31-07-10, 21:42
Went for a nice evening walk in the woods instead of being lazy as I normally am!

eeyorelover
20-08-10, 02:10
I'm going to bump this!

It's been an utterly boring day today. Not out of my pjs all day!
Sounds awful to some but I spent 24 years raising children, who needed one thing or another, fought and made loads of noise ALL day, broke most of my stuff, and gave me gray hair at 35.........so a day with no noise and being able to be lazy is absolutely WONDERFUL!
Ok so I had to put in a disclaimer to state that my children were all blessings! I love them wholeheartedly........
But I have repeatedly put the Mother's curse on them that they have children just as ornery as they were when they were young :)hahahaha

Lynnann
20-08-10, 02:13
so glad you bumped this sandy :)

I thought this thread a wonderful idea and your bumping it has given me a happy moment lol

Vixxy
20-08-10, 13:28
I guess I could do a recap.
Last friday I drove to my new house for my husbands birthday. It was a suprise for him to find me there as Ive not visited since last year!
Monday-friday Ive been out and about all over Soton. Ive been into shops and even gone up to the higher floors rather than always being near an exit. Feels so good!

smb25
20-08-10, 13:35
Finished my wedding album today, can't stop looking at the photos and remembering what such a fantastic day it was.

I like being a newly wed! :yesyes:

eeyorelover
20-08-10, 16:15
WTG VIXXY!!!
That should be posted under success stories cuz you've been busy girl!!!
Sounds like so much fun and you should be proud of yourself!
xxx

CONGRATS SMB!!!!
The newly wed period is SO fun!
I've been married over 20 years so at this point I feel warm and fuzzy if I don't get visions of strangling him when he leaves his underwear on the floor!
hahahahaha

I'm gearing up for tomorrow. Grand Nationals are coming to town. Basically it's a biker get together with all kinds of motorcycles, booths with stuff to look at (and spend money I don't have on) and music.
None of you will probably know who he is but Eddie Money is in concert tomorrow nite!
I'm so excited!!!!!
So my happy moment today is filled with anticipation for the fun tomorrow!
LOL

shinderuko
20-08-10, 16:34
Todays good moment was getting the last of my boyfriends birthday presents so now I can spend the evening wrapping them up. Can't wait to give them to him next week :D

Emz
20-08-10, 16:38
My happy moment for today is that my 'long lost' brother has got in touch. I've only met him once when I was 7 so its exciting. I'm also terrified about speaking to him. I'm not very good with people I don't know eek.

shinderuko
20-08-10, 16:42
Wow Emz that's fantastic. I hope everything goes well for you both. Good luck :yesyes:

eeyorelover
20-08-10, 17:57
How exciting Emz!!
I'm not great with new people either but what a wonderful experience you are going to have getting to know each other!

Shinderuko, what did you get him for his birthday...that is if you can say without him finding out :)
xxx

shinderuko
20-08-10, 18:14
Yeah I can say lol. A book about weird experiments called Elephants on Acid, Adventureland dvd, some comical socks, toiletries, a top, a teddy and some sweets. Hope he likes them :whistles:

eeyorelover
20-08-10, 18:18
Awww I'm sure he'll love them one and all!
I'll have to look for that book! It sounds like something I'd like ;)

shinderuko
20-08-10, 18:21
It does seem like an interesting book, I might have to borrow it when he's finished lol.