PDA

View Full Version : Panic attacks while moving

Chockers1
08-07-10, 07:44
Hi All

I am totally new on here so forgive me and also new to panic attacks........

About 4 months ago i was in the passenger seat of a friends car coming back from american football practice when i started suffering.....tight chest, dizzy, pins and needles through my arms, couldnt breath, head all light and couldnt stand up when i got out of the car....i thought it was football related from getting hit at football got in rested etc...

on sunday after a football match i was again in the passenger seat of the car when i started to have one but much worse this time....about 5 miles from where i live i started to feel shortness of breath then an incredible tight chest, follwed by unreal amounts of pins and neadles through my whole body espeiclaly my face and the back of my neck....things got worse i was hanging out the window trying to breath and my head kepy dropping.....

i ended up in A and E who said you have had a panic attack since then ive hardly slept and constantly worry, i went out for a meal last night and was driving back when i had another one come on from no where....

i guess im just very confused as to why they have started happening, what i can do to stop them...they are as everyone knows a veyr scary experiance....im posotive i ever hollusenated on sunday in a and e laid out on the bed....

do people get them just come from no where in there life? i never thought i was scared of being a passenger in a car either?

any help or advice would be fantastic, shpould i book in with the doctors to get some help??

i normally sleep well all the time but since ive only had 2 - 3 hours nights sleep as i struggle breathing etc

thanks guys

rob

kate1
08-07-10, 08:50
Hi

I also suffer with this.

I know mine is due to an incident, to do with the car.

Has anything happened previous to this happening, any stress of any sort?

Yes i would seek an appointment with the gp to try and establish why this happened. Least then there is a good chance of nipping it in the bud.

Hope that helps