PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing "flu" type symptoms - should i be worried?

sjr1969
08-07-10, 09:12
Hi, for 3 weeks now i have had aches, pains, goosepimply episodes, skin feels sensitive and sore, tiredness, weakness, headaches, sore eyes, and over all feeling fluey. I do have m.e, but it doesnt feel related at all.

I went to see the doctor after having it for over a week and they said they think ive had summer flu or similar and it can take a few weeks to recover. And to go back mid july for blood tests if still feeling the same.

Some days it feels like i am on the mend but for the last few days i feel as bad as at the beginning again. Surely if it was a flu/viral type thing, it would gradually get better not some days be worse?

Anyone had any experience of this or could it be anxiety?

sarah x

blueangel
08-07-10, 09:17
Hi Sarah

For a start, your doctor did the right thing by saying come back if the symptoms don't resolve themselves. Are you sure this isn't related to your ME? From people I've met who have it, they seem to consistently say that they take longer to recover from viruses than the rest of us do. There have also been some fairly nasty bugs about in the last couple of months; loads of us where I work have had a wicked throat bug that makes people lose their voices for ages. I work in a hospital, and there have also been lots of problems with sickness and diarrhoea bugs as well.

If not, it could well be related to anxiety as there are all sorts of weird symptoms which seem to come with the problems (I've had most of them at one point or other!). Hang on in there, and if they don't resolve themselves in another week or so, get yourself back to the doctor, but in the meantime, try not to stress about it and DON'T GOOGLE!!

sjr1969
08-07-10, 20:25
hi, thanks very much. i have made an appointment with the nurse for my bloods to be done. I know alot of people who have m.e do suffer after viruses for longer, but i have always been lucky in that respect. thanks for your replies

sarah x