PDA

View Full Version : Sharp pain behind left eye, woke me up, really scared!

CJA09
08-07-10, 11:19
Last night I was woken up by a pain behind my left eye, like a quick sharp shooting pain and then it lessened. Had a panic attack and finally fell back to sleep only to b woken a couple of hours later by the same thing so once again panicked! :(
haven't had the pains again this morning but my eye feels a bit sore and bruised behind. Physical look of eye is normal and no change in my vision. I'm so scared! What could it be!? And to wake me from my sleep. Has anyone had this before?

Wee-Mee
08-07-10, 11:48
The only thing I can think of as it being muscular?I've had this and my dad gets it really bad but it sees to go away. :/ Why don't you get a wee appointment with the doctor to ease your mind? It could be just a nerve. I get little shooting pains co and go in my toes sometimes and it makes me yelp but then it goes. I'm off to hospital to ease my leg this morning cos I know what it's like with something on your mind xxx

CJA09
08-07-10, 14:12
I wear glasses and contact lenses, vision in glasses hasn't been so great lately, could it be that? Have made opticians app as they can check health of my eyes and I'm due a check up. Have only had pain once today but have a very muzzy head and dull ache above both eyes across forehead :( I hate health anxiety!

Vixxy
08-07-10, 14:24
It might be sinus pain. They can give some pretty evil pains. Bend over and see if the pain is worse.

CJA09
08-07-10, 16:44
No I don't feel any pain when I bend forward. Just occasional shooting pain behind my eye and a muzzy head across my eyebrows :(