PDA

View Full Version : Participants Kindly Sought for NHS Research Project | Panic Disorder

nomorepanic
08-07-10, 21:46
Participants Kindly Sought for NHS Research Project | Panic Disorder

I am Senior Cognitive Behavioural Therapist at the Anxiety Disorders Residential Unit, Bethlem Royal Hospital a National NHS treatment centre for anxiety disorders, I am also currently undertaking a research PhD at the Institute of Psychiatry under the supervision of Dr David Veale and Professor Paul Salkovskis. The research is investigating promising treatment techniques with a view to improving current Cognitive Behavioural treatments for anxiety disorders. This project has been reviewed by the Joint South London and Maudsley and the Institute of Psychiatry NHS Research Ethics Committee ref: 08/H0807/61.

As part of this research I am conducting an interview with sufferers across a range of anxiety disorders to investigate some of the experiences they may have and need to recruit people suffering with specifically with Panic Disorder.

Participants in the research will have an interview with me which will last approximately 1½ hours and be required to fill in a pack of self report questionnaires. For this they will be given £20 in Marks and Spencer vouchers.

I work between two clinical sites (The Maudsley and Bethlem Royal Hospitals) in the London area, however, there may be some flexibility in seeing people further a field if this were required.

Please feel free to contact me direct on 020 3228 4146 or Nicholas.Page@slam.nhs.uk .

Many thanks,

Nicholas Page

leo05
11-07-10, 03:39
sounds interesting maybe you could explain more on what sort of things you may need to know from us ??