PDA

View Full Version : Lyrica

rambler
09-07-10, 12:38
I've just started taking Lyrica and I really want to shout from the roof tops about how good this medication is! I've suffered from heavy anxiety for most of my life and figured I would just have to live with it but after starting Lyrica I feel better than I ever have. Really really big thumbs up for this medication. :yesyes:

reallyfedup
09-07-10, 19:19
I want to thank you for this post as i have just been prescribed this today and am worried about taking it (I take a cocktail of other meds too which have helped to a point) but my psychiatrist wants me to give it a go for anxiety. how long did it take for you to feel the benefits and what dose are you on please?

rambler
09-07-10, 19:30
I'm on 100mg twice daily. I've only been on it for a couple of days. I started to feel the benefit on day two. I am so happy with this med. My anxiety which over the past few months has been very bad has really lowered. I actually feel happy for the first time in ages. I've found a couple of side effects....my appetite has disappeared and I feel a little restless. Apart from that it's all good.
What dose are you on? Let me know how you get on with it reallyfedup. I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

reallyfedup
09-07-10, 19:41
I have been started on 75 mg twice a day. I feel inspired by your experience, thank you for hoping it works for me too.
x Sara

rambler
09-07-10, 19:43
You'll have to keep me posted! :)

Belfry1973
10-07-10, 00:14
I've started a diary about taking lyrica a couple of posts down, have updated it in the past few days with some interesting things!

reallyfedup
11-07-10, 13:58
oops, it did not suit me....probably something to do with the combination of other meds I take(?).... took one friday night and was totally drunk, spaced out and on another planet ALL DAY yeaterday. at least I tried..:wacko:

rambler
11-07-10, 14:07
Too bad it didn't suit you reallyfedup. The side effects are pretty harsh but the benefit out weighs the side effects for me.

JT69
11-07-10, 15:30
Hi,

Just wanted to say I take 100mg at night and 50mg in the morning and it has helped me with anxiety so much. I think the key is starting out on the 50mg once daily and then increasing it slowly...thats what I did and did not have any side effects except weight gain initially but I think that has settled now and am starting to lose a bit. I also take 30mg mirtazipine too but am thinking of reducing down to half of one 15mg then to 15mg very soon.

Jo.xx

rambler
11-07-10, 15:33
I used to take mirtazipine 45mg and it made me eat so much. I find with the Lyrica my appetite has disappeared. I'm too wired to want to eat!

rambler
03-08-10, 16:26
I've now been on Lyrica for a few weeks. I've had my initial dose of 200mg a day increased to 350mg a day. I've found the initial feeling of euphoria has worn off and I'm now back to my usual anxious state. I also take Efexor, Lamictal, Clonactil and zimovane. I'm beginning to wonder just how much medication it's going to take me to feel better.

JT69
03-08-10, 16:55
Hi rambler,

How do you take the pregabalin? i.e. what dose when? Sorry to hear your anxious state has returned....I hope with the increase it settles down again.

Tc
Jo.xx

rambler
03-08-10, 17:01
I take 100mg morning, 100mg afternoon then 150mg evening. My anxiety seems to get worse as the day goes on. Mornings are quite good but by early afternoon I'm getting anxious and depressed. I'm hoping to up my dose on friday.