PDA

View Full Version : straight swap to citalopram 40mg

bomberbeamish
09-07-10, 16:09
hi guys,
well i know i posted on the prozac bit that i was doing straight swap to duloxetine, but im not now,,i refused to take it.

So i spoke to doc and said can i go back on citalopram as the prozac anit working no more and was only took of cit as i was pregnate, well ive had roughly a 3 year gap and ive just got to stop prozac 60mg aday to citalopram 40mg aday..... now surly i should be weaned off but my doc said wot ever way you do it you may have a few rough days anyway so just do the swap,, as any one done this swapping thing,, im i going ot be a mess.

Kerry B
09-07-10, 16:12
Hiya
Yes I swopped - came of Cipralex 20mg and went straight over the next day to Seroxate 20mg, I did question it myself but was told by my GP there are by SSRI;s so it was ok to do that.

So I did I am on Day 7 of the Seroxate x

bomberbeamish
09-07-10, 16:59
Thanks kerry,,

im thinking that as prozac and cit are both ssri,, it prob be ok,, well i think prozac is a ssri,, must check that

Gordon64
09-07-10, 17:19
Hi Bomber Beamish

Prozac is an SSRI

Good luck to you-didn't like the Duloxetine either!!

Gordon

bomberbeamish
09-07-10, 18:27
well i think im just going to take 40mg insteed of 60mg of prozac over weekend then start cit 40 mg on mon straight swap no mucking about, lol,, i feel better starting on a week day when i know the docs is open,

bomberbeamish
10-07-10, 08:41
kerry,, how have u been feeling?

Kerry B
10-07-10, 22:25
Hiya Bomberbeamish
I am not too good at all, really Anxious all of the time, which is causing me to feel dizzy and shaky, I have been on the Seroxate 20mg now for 10 days, and taking Diazapam when needed. Going to see my CPN on Friday so hoping I can up the dose to 40mg I just feel I cannot cope anymore and my life is over if Ive got to feel like this, been like this now for 8 weeks and don't have many good days. How are u coping? x

bomberbeamish
10-07-10, 23:24
Hi kerry. Huggsssss. Sorry to here ya not good. Maybe ifs from the change thag your feeling like u are and hopfully your cpn will up youf dose and thats all u need. U will get better im sure. But when your feeling like it i know it feels it will never go.

I had a panic attack this morning wasnt very nice. But im still here. Lol
I only took 40mg of prozac this morn insteed of 60mg and i will do the same tomorrow. Then monday do straighg swap to cit 40mg. Im crapping my pants and know make me anxious just taking it but i gotta do it. Im scared of side affects plus wihdrawal from prozac. Have u felt any side affects do u feeel bad cause of that?

bomberbeamish
11-07-10, 18:19
well tomoz is the day for the swap,, prozac to cit, im scared but im going to do it,, any advice or positive feed back be great.

JT69
11-07-10, 20:21
Hey Bomberbeamish,

Just wanted to wish you luck with the change-over....and I hope it goes smoothly for you. Clearly prozac was not working for you so the change has to happen. Lots of people taking citalopram on here so you should get the support you need.

I took it in the past on/off for 9 years and did help.

Hope it goes well.

Let us know how you get on hun.

Take care.
Jo.xx

jaded jean
11-07-10, 20:43
Hey Bomber good luck hunny :hugs:
Jean

bomberbeamish
12-07-10, 07:31
Well im crapping my pants. Shall i wait to tonite or do it today as docs open, i dont know wot to

Kerry B
12-07-10, 12:53
Its monday....did you manage the change over hun? x hope u are ok x hugs

bomberbeamish
13-07-10, 08:05
no havnt changed been in a complete mess,, staying on prozac and had seroquel and diazipam upped,

jaded jean
13-07-10, 16:54
Aw Bomber , are you ok with that. I do hope you find something you are comfortable with I really do.
Jean

bomberbeamish
16-07-10, 19:31
God me again well i put off the change but i know it will have to happen soon as im not getter much better . dont think prozac workin anymore?. or im i just having a blip, I taking far two any diaizpam to get through the day, my sroquel been up a bit, i know deep down i need to go over to cit. or is it a blip,, i know ive already said that, But im a coward i got no guts and i cant have a nother week last this last one. Plz help.. kerry how r u?

bomberbeamish
17-07-10, 09:20
jean,, im not wot im ok with,, deep down i know i gotta change but then on the other hand am i just having a blip, the cit is in the cuboard so i can do the switch when i want, but doc is happy for me to stay on prozac with me seroquel and diaizpam upped fot a little while, i was thinking mybe i need to juggle them i take 50mg xr which is slow release morn and night because i need the help during day maybe take both in the morn so i have a slow release of 100mg during day,, as at nite im ok cause people here.

passingby
18-07-10, 16:29
Hi Bomber,
I had been on 200mg of sertraline for like ever. My doc suggested the same:- straight swap down to 20 mgs of cit.:unsure: I was so anxious about it - scared of getting withdrawl symptoms espically as I am so busy at work. But I did it two weeks ago and it worked !! No symptoms, well other than being a complete bitch for three days and really tired, I feel great now !!!:yesyes: I think my body had got so used to the sert that it wasnt working working any more. I had no withdrawl symps and am starting to feel so much better on cit. I wish you all the luck in the world whatever you decide to do. Here to talk and support XXXX love and hugs JPB

bomberbeamish
18-07-10, 17:57
thanks passingby,, that a nice postive reply,, im just a mess, im thingking of playing a bout a bit with my seroquel,, taking it at differnt times,, god im confused,,

jaded jean
18-07-10, 20:10
Whatever you do Bomber do it for you . I feel better in the evening when people are around. I am even inviting my workmate on holiday with me as she is on citalopram . crazy woman !! Take care sweetheart.
Jean

bomberbeamish
19-07-10, 07:46
thanks guys,, your such great people,, im going to doc today and have a good chat, xxxxxxxx

passingby
23-07-10, 15:36
Hi bomber - how did the docs go ? xx