PDA

View Full Version : Sunstroke a warning to all.

ElizabethJane
09-07-10, 19:05
Yesterday I went to the Hampton Court Flower Show on a coach with my husband. We left in a bit of a hurry. Unfortunately I left my hat at home. I was in the sun for most of the day. This was a disaster as I am pale and fair. It was a bit overcast when we arrived. By late afternoon the sun was high in the sky and was sizzling. I had a blinding headache and felt sick. I just wanted to put my head down and sleep. My head felt as if it was going to burst. During the coach journey home I felt sicker and sicker although I wasn't sick I felt as if I wanted to. I couldn't shut my eyes because I felt worse because of the motion of the coach. I did have some water with me but it was hard to drink it. Fortunately when I got home I went straight to bed. I'm just issuing this as a warning to others. The sun is very hot at this time of the year. Wear a hat and sunscreen and drink plenty of water. Stay out of the sun in the middle of the day. Please don't do what I did and get sunstroke.

Veronica H
09-07-10, 20:32
:bighug1:I hope you have recovered. My son did the same at Thorpe Park last week, forgot his hat, and was quite ill for two days. He has been read the riot act as he has celtic skin and can't afford to get burned like that.:flowers:

Veronicax