PDA

View Full Version : 3 months in and still exhausted. Any ideas?

lifeworthliving
10-07-10, 11:49
Hello all,

I have been on citalopram for 3 months now, starting on 10mg and now up to 30mg for the last month or so.

I am just so incredibly tired in the mornings. I have a small child to look after and I find it almost impossible to get out of bed. I get enough sleep and eat well, avoid caffeine and alcohol. It is definitely the citalopram as I used to be a morning person.

I am very confused as I like this drug. It takes away the dread, panic and anger but I am left with unenthusiasm and lethargy. I feel slightly brain dead. It is the first drug to help me in over 15 years and apart from the tiredness I can handle all the other niggly side effects ( unenthusiasm, foggy thought, lack of sex drive, weight gain etc.)

I so don't want to go off the drug as it took me 2 months of awful side effects and I am so pleased that I feel my life may be worth living.

I just don't know what to do!

Perhaps I should slowly go back to 20mg or even ten?

Thankyou so much for any replies,

Lu x

NorthernLight
12-07-10, 21:04
Hey Lu,

What time of day are you taking your medication? You may want start taking it at night if it's making you tired. If you are already taking it at night, perhaps try taking it during the day, as this medication does have a tendancy to make some people a little wired. I experienced both sides, but ultimately settled on taking the pill at night. I am sleeping a bit better, and have a little more energy during the day than when I was taking it in morning.

Be careful when making the transition however, you will want to consider taking a half a pill at your regular time, and half a pill at the new time. From there, you should be ok to take a full dose at the new time the next day.

Sarah Louise
19-07-10, 11:15
Hi Lu,

I have the same problem with feeling tired my just started to settle down but i have had to up my dose because my anxiety has come back so i am again feeling tired. I tried taking mine at night in the day all sorts but nothing worked just try and nap when you LO sleeps thats what i do with my 7 month old when i can x