PDA

View Full Version : Tiny Red Dots All Over My Arms

mywinterfirefly
10-07-10, 20:20
I have loads of these small red dots on my arms (At least 15-20 on each arm, but no where else) They are so small you can hardly see them unless you look closely and if you puss them down they disappear for a few seconds and then come back. Some days I can see more of them than other days.

I know this can be a sign of leukaemia but I have had them for at least 2 years with no other symptoms of it. I may have had them all my life and just never noticed them. I was just wondering if they were normal. Or if they were a sign of some chronic disease.

Thanks Xx

Lissy43
10-07-10, 21:40
I had these today, but they didn't fade when I touched them, which made me panic. They are sooo teeny but you can see them if you look closely.

I get them alot, I have a few on my skin permenantly. I have never had them checked out. I know they can be a sign of more serious illness if you are covered in them, but you aren't so do not worry. If you are concerned then see your GP.

Trauma to the skin can cause them, scratching, knock to the skin, etc....

pussy cat
10-07-10, 21:53
hi,
look up campbell -de-morgan spots(think i,ve got the name right) lots of people have these & they are perfectly harmless.
good luck :yesyes:

Lissy43
10-07-10, 21:55
What are they? I am not allowed to google;-)

StandFree1903
11-07-10, 04:45
I have had red dots on my arms for years, mine looked like tiny blood spots though, my mum, who is a trained nurse, said that its normal especially if your exposed to alot of heat.

daybyday
11-07-10, 05:44
This has eliminated one of my many what-ifs.:)

Lissy43
11-07-10, 06:51
Ahhhh, so that could be why i had them all over my arm yesterday. It had bern a hot night.

Oddfish
11-07-10, 09:28
I have LOADS of these on my arms. Really tiny little blood spots that you can't see unless you look close, and they don't fade when pressed. Some on my body too. I've had them for about 10 years. Totally harmless :)