PDA

View Full Version : Insect Bite Won't Heal

mywinterfirefly
10-07-10, 20:25
I was bitten about a month ago, I think it was a spider because when I looked closely at it I noticed two small fang holes. It was on my leg. It didn't hurt at the time and I had been in a field and near chickens and a dog the day before I noticed it. It was slightly itchy on and off for a few days. The bite became very red with a red bumpy rash around it (It wasn't a bulls-eye rash).

I put some anti-septic cream on it and the rash began to fade. After 2 weeks (1 week after I started putting cream on it) the rash faded leaving a small red spot (Like a burst spot) It didn't hurt very much and the wound went quite deep into my skin but it healed quickly. I also had a small infection in it that cleared up quickly.

Now it is like a small red spot. It isn't very painful, it only hurt if I fiddle with it a lot. But it has been a month since I noticed it and it is healing really slowly. Any idea what I should do? Or what bit me? I have had no other symptoms at all and feel perfectly fine apart from being terrified. :)

Thanks Xx

(P.S. I know I just posted a thread but this was worrying me)

Going home
10-07-10, 21:05
Well I suppose the best person to tell you what it is would be your doctor really, and you obviously know about lyme's disease because you mention the bulls-eye rash of the tick. I also react quite badly to insect bites, particularly mosquito bites and the site of the bite can swell up pretty badly and the poison seems to spread to a much larger area than the bite itself and this can become very hot and painful for some days and can take a few weeks for the swellings to reduce. The site of the bite can then gradually becomes reduced right down to just a red mark on my skin but can take a few weeks to fade completely. Your bite sounds like its got to that point so i wouldn't worry about time scale for the mark or spot to go completely, the fact that it has reduced right down to this means that its healed well. It will fade in tme.

Anna xxx

Lissy43
10-07-10, 21:50
Maybe see your GP for reassurance.

miss_moose
10-07-10, 22:00
I would go to a chemist if your took scared to go to the GP first as they can see you straight away and give you advice/treatment.
If you feel you can though, go to your gp.

My fiance had a similar bite a few weeks ago, although his kept getting worse, turns out he was allergic to whatever bit him, 2 anti biotics later (perscribed by his gp) and it was all better.