PDA

View Full Version : burning stomach/acid..am worried..anyone else have this?

kitn77
10-07-10, 23:48
Hi I've suffered from health anxiety and general anxiety for years. My biggest fear is cancer..anyway I've had stomach issues before and I suffer with IBS..everytime I go to the Doctor with this before I get told it's anxiety and stress. One day I'm scared I'm going to leave it and it's going to be stomach cancer or ovarian cancer. I've had this for 2 weeks now and I can't get into see my Doctor till the end of July. It's like a constant hot burning acid in the center of my ribs and sometimes lower down in my stomach, I also have some gas and feeling like my tummy is upset. I'm so scared of what it might be as antacids don't relive it. I am suffering with general anxiety right now and feeling like I have "flutters" in my stomach..could anxiety really do this? I don't know how I am goign to get through till I see the Doctor and even that fills me with dread in case they find something. Anyone else been through this? Would appreciate anything anyone has to offer..thanks

kitn77
11-07-10, 00:17
Please anybody???????

nomorepanic
11-07-10, 00:30
You may need something stronger than over-the-counter antacids. In the UK we have something that is called Omeprazole that is fantastic at acid indigestion.

I get a lot of indigestion and it sounds like what you have too.

Watch what you eat - no spicey food, no alcohol, no cigarettes - eat plain food and it will go hopefully.

Also aloe vera juice will help.