PDA

View Full Version : Shooting pains in head :(

CJA09
11-07-10, 12:14
I posted a couple of days ago with shooting pains behind my left eye well since then I've had the pains a couple more times but now I am experiencing shooting pains across top of my head and in back of my head, mainly on the left side! Everytime it happens I gave a panic attack and it's really scaring me now :( has anyone experienced this or similar?

CJA09
11-07-10, 17:33
Can anyone help? Please?

Carly Lou
11-07-10, 18:59
Hey, i have had this now for, erm........... 3 weeks,
it all started a few weeks ago, sharp shooting pain in my head, and id think, OMG ive got a brain tumour, i had a brain tumour panic a few months ago, turned out i had labrythisis, but i was convniced i had a brain tumour, i paid for a private eye test £65, so he would be able to look behind my eyes incase there was that nasty little chap behind there, and nothing,
anyway ive been having these pains on and off, ive suffered from bad sinus's and ear ache since having the Labrythisis ( severe ear infection) and also get terrible hayfever, so i have tried to be rational and think it is all to do with my sinus/hayfever etc :-( its poo isnt it
Ive also just strained something in my chest and just picked my son up who is two had had a terrible pain in my chest arm etc.... thought i was having a heart attack, had a panic attack and my boyfriend had to calm me down....
its a vicious circle ;-(
xxxxxx

valleybear
12-07-10, 16:52
These pains sound a bit like neuralgia. I have had them many times, usually when I have been out in the wind or been sweating, then cold wind on my head. They can come on without an obvious cause but I have suffered with what you describe off and on for years. If you really worried and they don't go away you should let the Dr reassure, but from what you said it sounds a fairly common compaint. Please try not to worry XX

Dan21
12-07-10, 21:35
Hi CJ.

I have experienced this numerous times, almost always when I am noticably stressed. I tend to get recurring pains (like I'm being stabbed in the head - without exaggeration) in one area, only for them to stop and start in a different spot a few days later. I had a bout last week but they seem to have eased off now.

I was told by a fellow anxiety sufferer that the muscles and tendons that run up the back/neck and connect to the muscles on top of your skull go into spasms which can cause sudden stabbing pains. I've had some absolute blinders but I seems to be still here.

Hope you're feeling better.

D