PDA

View Full Version : Starving to death.

Ruby94
11-07-10, 16:00
When i come to eat something, as soon as i chew or swallow. I feel SO SO ILL. And now im starving because my body wont allow me to eat. I dont feel ill when im not eating.

Im feeling a bit tired cos i havnt eaten. Sleeping fine though!

Just when it comes to food i feel like i could throw up. And my body isnt digesting the food i do manage to eat properly. Its worrying me and its starting to show. Ive lost several pounds and im nowhere near overweight already.

What could it be?

leah27
11-07-10, 16:19
hello,
i can't eat at all when i'm having a panic,
just try and have little bits, i eat bits of apple.
but it might be ABS.

Vixxy
11-07-10, 16:28
Hi Ruby. I was in a very similar position. Every time I swallowed an anxiety attack would come along and stop me eating anything else. I was only managing 1 bread roll a day at my worst.
My digestive system was also in a terrible state. I would feel bloated and solid for hours after a meal.
You can turn it around. Eat only when you feel hungry. Dont force yourself. You will start eating again when youre feeling less stressed. Worrying about it wont help!
Eat things you fancy, dont try and eat stuff thats not appealing to you. and try and enjoy the taste and smell of food even if you cant swallow it. You need to reestablish a relationship with food.

mumble
11-07-10, 16:46
Agree with Vixxy. I've struggled with food for a while. At my worst only managing half a yogurt a day. I've dropped 2 stone underweight. I'm currently working on gaining it back - some days better than others. I try and get a little spoonful extra each day. It does build up.

jothenurse
11-07-10, 17:08
I have had and continue to have difficulty with eating also. I've lost 20 pounds. I am very underweight now and have some vitamin deficiencies because of it. Unfortunately I am afraid of pills, so I don't always take my vitamins because I think they make my stomach worse. So, I put pressure on myself to eat, but then I get more anxious, and then I get anxious because I know I should be taking the vitamins. I do seem to be able to eat better as the day goes on, but now I am just trying to maintain. It is very hard.

Vixxy
11-07-10, 18:16
THE biggest thing for me was acceptance. When I spent all day worrying about it I wasnt getting anywhere. As soon as I decided that "sod it, once Im well Ill be able to gain weight. For now Im doing all I can do" my anxiety dropped to a more managable level and I started to eat more and more. I'm actually putting on weight for the first time since Xmas. Im under 7 stone still, but im on the way up.
I could be sitting here worried because Im underweight, instead Im thinking that most of the girls will be jealous of my small frame. Clothes look great on me! I might not like it, I prefer having a bit of chub, but there is ALWAYS a silver lining.

jothenurse
11-07-10, 20:09
How many pounds is 7 stone?

Vixxy
11-07-10, 20:25
98lbs.
1 stone = 14lbs.
My lowest weight was around 95lbs (6st 11lbs). Im 5'3".