PDA

View Full Version : left arm ache

puppyskin
11-07-10, 18:56
feeling panicky all day ,my left arm near the bicep area is aching intermitantly feels like ive been lifting weights but i havnt done anything out of the ordinary,feeling really on edge.

junie7
11-07-10, 21:21
hi puppyskin,

This is one of the symptoms I get when my anx is about to come on, it's like a warning signal to me.

I get an ache in my left arm and my leg and also a vein in my left arm feels tender. I don't understand it I just know it happens when my anx is about to come on but it goes eventually and then I'm back to normal.......for a while!

chrissi38
11-07-10, 22:54
hi i ve also been getting a similar pain alnight is it really just anx, i have severe health anx about my heart and this left arm pain magnifies my heart worries so much .how can anxciety cause such painful physical symptoms?

puppyskin
11-07-10, 22:55
mine is about my heart,it just adds fuel to the fire.

valleybear
12-07-10, 16:46
I am the same and I think it is BECAUSE the anxiety is about the heart health that the pain which heralds it starts in the left arm. Everyone is aware of the associatiation between left arm pain and heart............and our minds just jump the gap. ie a bit of muscle tension/nerve pain, we think heart attack !!...then panic!!..The panic feeds the tension, the pain seems magnified and we become more convinced it is heart related. therefore vicious circle. I suffered for many , many years and still have bad times but CBT certainly helped me. I think the thing is to break this circle, and everyone has a different method of doing it. Take care XX