PDA

View Full Version : It will get better won't it?

vorpalblade
18-02-06, 10:54
I have been in psychotherapy for about 6 months now.
Before i started on this journey i was prepared for the fact that things would get worse before they got better. Well sure enough they have gotten worse.
I guess i want reassurance from a veteran that things will start to improve.
I just feel "back in the moment" all of the time and finding it hard to keep myself grounded. Not sure how much longer i can keep it up for.

Blade

wendy
18-02-06, 11:06
Hi
Im afraid I do not have the experience to reassure you but can totally relate to how you are feeling as am the same right now
I dont know how I can take anymore of this feeling but after reading info on the site know that we have to be strong and fight this
Wendy

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I have been in psychotherapy for about 6 months now.
Before i started on this journey i was prepared for the fact that things would get worse before they got better. Well sure enough they have gotten worse.
I guess i want reassurance from a veteran that things will start to improve.
I just feel "back in the moment" all of the time and finding it hard to keep myself grounded. Not sure how much longer i can keep it up for.

Blade

<div align="right">Originally posted by vorpalblade - 18 February 2006 : 10:54:44</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Tomimo
18-02-06, 11:42
It will get better. I haven't started any therapy yet but started taking medication and although I knew that things would get worse before they got better, I was still scared that I would never feel normal again.

Thinks do get better. Just go with it for now and don't try to fight how you feel. It will slowly pass and one day you will realise that you don't feel that bad any more, honest!

Don't be too hard on yourself and take each day as is comes.

Annie x

doddy
18-02-06, 15:51
hello there.

it can feel like hell cant it??

but its only stress and worry...you body is just doing its job....hard to belive i know buts thats just simply the way it is. your bofy is reacting to your thoughts and then your thoughts are reacting to your body and so on and so forth.

have u read clare weekes books?? they are excellent.

reads meg's story....its fascinating and gives real insight and hope.

and does it get easier?? yes.......can it ever go completely...i belive yes......but it doesnt happen overnight...and it takes lots of hard work....and more than eanything patience.

just go about your daily buinsess and u always would...dont let this spoil a good day.

andy

Piglet
18-02-06, 20:43
Like Andy says patience is key.

I am reminded of that saying about life being a journey and its the travelling that is important not the destination. We all have lots to learn along the way and these things go to shaping who we are.

Suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for the last six years has had some plus moments. I wouldn't be part of this site for a start and I am a more tolerant and compassionate member of the human race and it has certainly made me stop and smell the roses and made me much happier with much less.

Another saying 'If life gives you lemons - make lemonade'.

I always think of Nic when I hear this quote as she has totally done that, she has gone from panic attacks etc to forming one of the most helpful sites on the internet thus changing her negative experience into a positive one for the rest of us to benefit by.

Hope this wasn't a bit too deep on a Saturday night[:I]

So to answer your question, it does get better depending on how you look at it!!!!!:D:D:D

Love Piglet xxx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

nomorepanic
18-02-06, 21:33
Piglet - thanks for that lovely comment about me - I appreciate it mate.xxxx

I am back doing CBT again vorpalblade for some specific driving issues and yes it is hard work but I am determined to work with her and do all she says to help myself. I am doing really well but I am having to push myself beyond boundaries that I didn't want to.

You can get there in time - just work at it and it will improve.

Good luck

Nicola

vorpalblade
18-02-06, 21:48
thanks everyone, your replies are much appreciated

Piglet
19-02-06, 11:50
You're welcome Nic I love it when people turn negatives into positives, I always find that sooo inspirational.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.