PDA

View Full Version : cipralex/libido (loss ov sex drive)

alwaysanxious
12-07-10, 00:45
hello all im sorry i didnt knoiw where to post this 1, but ive been on my meds for 6 weeks now and have noticed that my libido is pract very very low!!! now i really wasnt interested in it when i was very poorly as was last thing on my mind but past couple of weeks have been feeling slightly better only to notice my sex drive is nearly 0. if this is a side effect i can deal with it but am worrid ill always be like it. i have looked at a little research that ssri's can do this but am scared and hoping that maybe it will get better in a few months, if i was single i really wouldnt worry but am not... any 1 else had this problem????? if so did it get better for you??? im just wondering as really at the moment my tablets aremore important to me than anything else at the moment as i want to get well. but just a bit confussed. dont want to offend any 1 mentioning this and if i have im sorry just worrid thats all.

many thanks lisa :blush:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/nmp/misc/progress.gif

pinkynicca
12-07-10, 05:05
Side Effects of Cipralex:

Some common side effects reported with this medicine include:

Difficulty in sleeping (insomnia)
Confusion
Shaking, usually of the hands (tremor)
Disturbances of the gut such as diarrhoea, constipation, nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain
Visual disturbances
Decreased appetite
Fever (pyrexia)
Dizziness
Alteration in taste
Seizures
Sleepiness (somnolence)
Nervousness
Sexual problems
Inflammation of the sinuses (sinusitis)
Pain in the muscles and joints
Increased sweating
Rash or itching

i got the same problem right now but with different medicine. it is terrible but it will go away =)