PDA

View Full Version : so much for getting back 2 normal

Dragon88
18-02-06, 11:34
last nite i was @ kung fu, it a tough martial arts n stuff, during training i had a panic attack and scared the shi* outta me, i was so convinced i was gonna have a heart attack, so me teacher took me downstairs and kept reassuring me that i am fine,

i insisted that hey call an ambluance, i started shaking and sruff and felt muscle pains n stuff. The ambluance came and done about 2 ECG's on me

I got perfect blood pressure and pulse and oxygen saturation(or something like dat) n stuff for my age which is 17.
They tell me to just enjoy myself. They told me i cannot get a heart attack, stroke, brain haemmorage e.t.c.

I cant help but worry that these painic attacks have put a strain on my heart, mind and body, especially while i was doing exercise in kung fu.

it's me mate's 18th today and i wanna go and get on with my life. how can i cope with this and how do people cope with panic attacks while exercising

i am really upset as i am putting my family through crap and i have STILL GOT ANNOYING HEAD SENSATIONS ON MY RIGHT MAINLY AN I STILL FINK I GOT A BRAIN TUMOUR AND D MEDICS SAY IT IS NOT THE CASE

IM EVEN SEEING A COUNSELLER ABOUT THIS AND A PHYSCOTHERAPIST BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE ANXITY IS NOT LETTING UP

Dev

Tomimo
18-02-06, 11:40
Sorry that you had such a rough time but you have been checked over and they haven't found anything wrong.

It is really hard to do but you have to have acceptance to get better. You have to accept that panic/anxiety are doing this to you and you have to accept that you are not dying of anything awful - it is not easy I know and you can't just 'pull yourself together' like people think.

You had a bad panic last night - you didn't die, you didn't even pass out. The sensations that you felt were truly awful but it didn't harm you and that is the positive thought that you have to hold on to. A panic attack will be the worst that will ever happen and that will pass as it did lasst night.

Don't avoid doing things because you are scared of the panic or it will get worse but try to stop seeking medical reassurance now.

I hope you do go out and enjoy it :)

Annie x

jackie
18-02-06, 16:52
dev have you read claire weekes books or any books on anxiety. they really help me so i just thought they may be an option

its hard to overcome the fear that the anxiety will harm you. if you find the answer id love to know it. in the mean time we are all here for you which might give your family a breather
jackie

nomorepanic
18-02-06, 18:22
Try this post ...

Exercise and panic attacks (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4768)

Nicola

Tomimo
18-02-06, 23:12
How are you feeling today? Did you manage to get out for your friend's birthday?

I hope that you have recovered from the panic :)

Annie x

Dragon88
19-02-06, 13:31
i feel alot better now, had virtually no worries at me mates party!
had a really good time as well and danced a fair bit ^ ^

got a book frm waterstones dat day n it helps

nomorepanic
19-02-06, 13:34
See - All that worry over nothing.

The build up is always far worse.

Well done for going.

Nicola

kate
19-02-06, 14:00
Hi Dragon,

I agree with Nic!

Glad you went and had a good time!

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

Dragon88
19-02-06, 15:54
thanks!
at d mo all im wooried is d Arsenal Madrid game!

come on u gunners"!

kate
19-02-06, 16:21
:D:D:D:D

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"