PDA

View Full Version : How long have you waited for CBT?

poppy
18-02-06, 13:14
Hi,
I was just wondering how long you had all waited for CBT?
I have been waiting 18 months now and still no joy.
It really does seem ridiculous.
Thanks for any replies.
Poppy

nomorepanic
18-02-06, 16:16
Have you confirmed that you are still on the list?

That is way too long. I would get a print-out of the NICE guidelines and wave them around at the doctor.

Nicola

Tomimo
19-02-06, 22:23
That is very long. The waiting list here is long and often the doctor tells you it is long but doesn't actually add you to it so it is definitely worth checking.

I hope you hear soon.

Annie x

poppy
21-02-06, 12:09
Hi,
Thanks for the replies.
I have phoned today, the waiting list is 21 months and im still on it.
Guess its not too much longer now.
Take care
Poppy

sheika
02-03-06, 23:02
Hi there

The best thing to do is get straight back to your doctor and chase, chase, chase. The CBT will help you loads, I had CBT in December 05 and finished in Jan 06 so it was for 7 weeks and I can't describe the change in my mind and me as a person. My Anxiety score was dangerously high and with that the high depression score, My last visit with my therapist and my scores was that of a normal person. I'm 33 and for the first time in my life I feel free. Free from the darkness and the thoughts that have controlled my life.

Good luck! and.......
Not to worry,
Not to fret,
All is well,
But not just yet!
:);):)

feege
07-03-06, 01:42
Hi Poppy

I have been told the waiting list for CBT on the NHS in my area (Brighon)
is 3-5 years!

I have been on the list for a year and been chasing it recently and they are still saying about 3 years! The counsellor at my GP practice has sourced low-cost private CBT (£20 a go) and I am taking that route out of desperation although I do not know how I am going to manage it.

It is awful to have to wait so long when it is the only recognised treatment and in my case I also have ME and it is the only real help there is for that too - and I still can't get it!

I hope you are luckier than I have been so far. But if there is any way you can afford to pay - give it a try?

Good luck xxxx

Fee xxxxxx
www.like2like.com

Why live life anticipating the bad things when you could be anticipating the good?
Good and bad things WILL happen!

Chardonay
07-03-06, 21:46
I had to wait 18 months then had an asessment.
But before starting any treatment moved to another area.
So I am back on the waiting list again for how long who knows..

Chard

Tall dark and mysterious was his name,
magic love and money was his game.

Beauty is a real thing, not just a reflection in the mirror