PDA

View Full Version : floatation

AlohaFriendCa
12-07-10, 17:55
Has anyone tried Floatation for anxiety/panic?

Angua
15-07-10, 10:48
No...but i have found on the odd occasion when i have been swimming its lovely to
just float, i feel so calm/relaxed and serene and there is no noise just silence..it feels so peaceful you just want to stay there...are these floatation devices tanks? as in you are shut in? i cannot even lock the toilet door for fear of not being able to get out again..

mandie
16-07-10, 03:06
Hi

I have done flotation a few times now. I chose to have the lid open but the light on. My first float wasnt great as i managed to get the salt water in my eyes and a stiff neck probably from moving around to much!

They told me this was quite common for people going for the first time, so i booked another.

This time i knew what to expect and i drifted into a near-meditative state of complete calm and before i knew it my hour was up.

That night i had one of my best nights sleep ever! I am a terrible sleeper due to my anxiety so this was very welcomed!

They are quite expensive so i havent had a float for quite a while now, but will be booking up in the very near future for another.

love mandie x