PDA

View Full Version : Really, am I ill?????

jill07
12-07-10, 20:31
Evening all,

So the question is, am I anxious because I am ill, or am I ill because I am anxious?
Had op (tonsils out OUCHHH!) 3rd July so I know Im still recovering, but I cant believe I still feel so ill.... awful, like flu, feel drugged/drunk almost, so weak, exhausted.... just horrible!
Conquered my biggest phobia facing the op, took me 8 months of stress, illness and worry before I did it, but guess I thought it would be a miracle cure, and I would be feeling better by now - at least a little bit better anyway, but certainly not worse!
Cant drive, barely leave the house these days because I feel so odd... anxiety through the roof, just want my life back!
GP tomorrow.... yet again, so see what words of wisdom he has eh?
x

margaret jones
12-07-10, 20:36
Hi Gill
Poor you are you able to eat proper food yet ?? i remember my daughter was on semi solids for 2 weeks because of soreness ???
That will make you feel less energetic but really it is early days yet and sometimes the anesthetic can leave you feeling tired .

Hope you feel better soon Maggie

jill07
12-07-10, 21:13
Thanks Maggie, first two days werent too bad, but then the pain kicked in... oh my days the pain!!! Childbirth was a breeze in comparison! Its eased quite a bit last couple of days thankfully, but Im still not sleeping great.
Trying to keep in mind that I didnt eat for 4 days due to impossible pain, and that Ive been through a lot what with finally facing the phobia.... hope its just that, but I cant get over how ill I feel - its hard to believe that anxiety could cause such symptoms xxx