PDA

View Full Version : A newbee

knightingale
12-07-10, 21:30
Hi there, ive been on citalopram for some years now and have done well for quite a while. Recently have been having horrible anxiety, no confidence or self esteem. Feel rubbish at my job, and work worries me more than anything i guess ( im a nurse). Recently had my citalopram increased to 40mg, became more and more anxious. High state of alert all the time, exhausting! Used to be such a good nurse, but feel useless, pointless and just feel that im no good at my job anymore. Really hard for someone who is a born nurse. My GP is reducing my citalopram as he feels it is increasing anxiety and changing me to sertraline. Coming down quicker than normal as he feels i can tolerate it and we are swapping one ssri for another. I have recently started the gym, hypnotherapy and friends and family have been amazing. Today at the gym i almost fainted, had a very fast heart rate (? palpatations) and heart rate would not come down for some time. Never happened before, do you think it is side effects of reducing citalopram quite quickly?

diane07
12-07-10, 21:32
Hi knightingale

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes