PDA

View Full Version : Taking Citilopram and cant sleep!!!!!

Becky210788
13-07-10, 08:10
Hi ive been taking citilopram easily over a year now for anxierty and depression, but just recently i cant sleep the only good nights sleep i get is if i have a drink of alcohol and i really dont want to get into that. I thought about taking herbal sleeping tablets but noticed on the box that it advises against taking them while on anti-depssants. Im sure this problem is due to the medication?

Has anyone got any advice thank you. Becky.

YvonneBelle
13-07-10, 11:02
Hi Becky,

Out of interest what time do you take your Cit?

I'm having sleeping problems in that I can't easily drop off and feel more alert at midnight than I do in the mornings.

I still get 8 hours but not the 8 I'd ideally want!

It is definately a side effect 'cos I'm normally a good sleeper - off as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Also, I do a lot of walking and try to exercise more during the day but I still don't get to sleep right away. This makes me very tired in the mornings.

Yvonne

Becky210788
13-07-10, 11:28
Hi Yvonne,
I was told by my gp to take it in the morning, i do try my best to help myself relax on a night take a bath read a book sometimes i listen to hypnosis cd's.
Im wondering if i should ask my gp to take my citilopram on a night but i hope this doesnt make me more anxious through the day.
Becky

NorthernLight
13-07-10, 15:56
Hi Becky,

I've recently started taking mine at night (around 8:30 or 9:00 pm) and find that by the time I go to bed, around 11:30 or so, I fall asleep quite easily. If you are going to switch to taking the pill at night, split your dose in half. Take half at your regular time, and half at night. Then, the next day, take the full dose at night and continue doing so after that.

Becky210788
13-07-10, 17:33
Thats great NL,

Will start doing that from tonight will let you know what happends:D
Becky

YvonneBelle
13-07-10, 20:44
I'm going to try the same starting tomorrow...

And I like the idea of using baths and hypnosis CDs to wind you down in the evenings.

I'm determined to get to sleep no later than 12 and up before 8!

JT69
14-07-10, 07:42
Hi,

I used to take mine at night and always slept fine.

Jo.xx