PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

wakeup
13-07-10, 10:55
I'm very new to all of this, well to the forum and to finally trying to get something done about my depression, I'm not new to feeling like my heart is wrapped in razorblades and my brain swimming in acid..I hope that's not too dramatic..

I've suffered from depression for longer than I can remember and at the moment it's killing me..I've been in a relationship that looks like it's over and I just want to curl up into a ball..actually what I want is to stop thinking for a while..

Yesterday I went to the doctors and was prescribed citralopram, 20mg per day..I looked at the side effects and got worried, then I looked at some of the posts of this website and got even more worried..

I want to start feeling better but I'm also clinging to the hope that I can make things work with this girl (though it's a pretty hopeless hope) and I don't want to do anything that will make that harder, i.e become a zombie, anxiety freak or somebody who can't have sex..

I don't know what to do..I'm sitting at my computer with the pills next to me thinking should I start taking them, should I wait and see if she rings me..I'm scared and I feel stupid and pathetic :(

nomorepanic
13-07-10, 10:58
Hi wakeup

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
13-07-10, 12:51
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x