PDA

View Full Version : Hyperhydrosis

JaneC
13-07-10, 11:45
Aka sweating like a pig :weep:. Just wondered if anyone else suffers from this? It mainly affects my face and scalp, which is sooooo embarrassing. It's really getting me down.

It started when I was taking clomipramine so I always blamed that but I've been off it nearly a year and, after possibly improving for a while, the sweating is as bad as ever.

Anxiety? I don't have to be anxious for it to happen. Fluoxetine? Didn't happen last time I took it. Being overweight? Impending menopause? My imaginary thyroid prob that the blood tests say doesn't exist despite the goitre and overwhelming fatigue?

I'd be really grateful for any input.

Gareth
14-07-10, 11:27
I don't know what this is but I sweat terribly from my forehead, always have done. It literally pours from my forehead.

Kipepeo Girl
14-07-10, 22:14
I sweat so much. I get so embarrassed when I'm out because my face - my forehead and upper lip - gets covered in very noticeable drops of sweat within just a few seconds.

JaneC
15-07-10, 13:10
Thanks for the replies. Has anybody ever had a cause identified? I was on the verge of making a doc appt but I'm scared they'll just dismiss it as a result of me being fat :busted:

dianehuzzard
15-07-10, 16:52
Am always sweating and always hot. Cant stand the hot weather we have had recently. Need windows open all the time and air so can cool down. I have lupus and anxiety and panic and am not sure which to blame. I also take paroxetine which I sometimes think may be the cause.

Humly
17-07-10, 13:56
Have you tried Odaban. It really works for me with underarm sweating. Nothing else works for me and I believe you can use it on other areas too. Maybe worth having a look.

JaneC
21-07-10, 23:07
Thanks for that Humly, I'm going to the doc tomorrow but that'll prob be a waste of time, so I'll look into that x

Neuro-sis
23-07-10, 08:19
Im part of the sweaty club too:blush:, im not really over weight i sweat alot when i get anxious, especially in public places, then i get embarrassed which makes it even worse:shrug:. Can you buy odaban from the shops,chemist etc....

Love Neuro-sis x