PDA

View Full Version : why are you not reassured?

randomworry
13-07-10, 12:56
hi guys wondering if you are like me and are not reassured easily by doctor why is it for me it is because i gave kind of misinformation although my neck was physically examined but i have doubts of diagnosis because of what i said to him!

or do you think 'damn i did not tell him about that symptom...........i have to go back'

or 'i just dont trust that doctor he has been wrong before!'

yeah just wanted to know other peoples reasons for not feeling reassured

thanx

dodo
13-07-10, 13:20
This sounds soooo much like me!!!

I have all of the above thoughts. But also I was misdiagnosed with acid before when it was in actual fact gallstones so that bothers me that perhaps they've got it wrong again.

Electric Blue
13-07-10, 13:44
I sometimes feel like that...because afterall doctors can make mistakes.

However, I believe if you are concerned about something and not sure if the doctor you saw diagnosed you correctly you can go see another doctor to get a second opinion...this would definitely make the chances of misdiagnoses happening.

cattia
13-07-10, 19:37
I am not easily reassured, I always think that maybe I forgot to mention something important, or that the Dr has missed something, or that the Dr would not be able to diagnose me properly without more tests, and I often worry that because of my history of HA, my Dr will just chalk everything up to anxiety and miss something serious. I feel reassured for less than 24 hours after most visits to the doctor.

lisa73
13-07-10, 19:51
To me doctors arnt that experienced with panic attacks.. They are to quick to hand out meds.. Im not sure if any one has heard of the linden method? but its some thing i think i may try!