PDA

View Full Version : can anyone relate?

puppyskin
13-07-10, 15:30
i get a feeling most the time that i dont have long left,that my days are numbered,not just about health its just a genral feeling,is this anxiety ?

randomworry
13-07-10, 15:42
definitly anxiety puppskin i mean if you think about it logically all of our days are numbered but for that feeling to become fear it must be due to anxiety because your thinking you dont have long left but that is just a thought not reality.

randomworry
13-07-10, 15:43
sorry that long sentence was hard to understand!

puppyskin
13-07-10, 15:48
its ok i understood,it can be quite disabaling for me,obsessive type thought maybe?

randomworry
13-07-10, 15:59
by the way puppyskin really hope the volunteer work is going well (saw your other post)?

im starting some myself next week.........i got too much time on my hands to fret!!

puppyskin
13-07-10, 20:08
i made the first step,good luck to you.

cattia
13-07-10, 20:18
puppyskin, I think this way too, and then I think that becasue I am thinking it,it means it is true, like somehow on a deeper level I 'know' there is something wrong with me. It is all part of the crazy obsessive thoughts, I think most people with anxiety, especially health anxiety, think this way.

puppyskin
13-07-10, 20:22
its horrible when you feel it deeply,its like second nature sort of spiritual in a way...does that sound crazy???

cattia
13-07-10, 20:57
No, it doesn't, I totally understand what you mean. I sometimes worry that I have some sort of 'sixtyh sense' or that my unconscious is trying to tell me that something is wrong with me. It's hard to accept, but all these thought are just another part of the OCD of health anxiety. If something bad did happen to us, we would think 'there, I knew it all along' but that bad thing could have happened to anyone, it is just one of thsoe things that we would have thought of it before it happened, if you see what I mean? It's so hard though, to have to deal with all these thoughts and try to work it all out. I sometimes wish I was one of those people who just doesn't think about anything.

puppyskin
13-07-10, 21:08
yeah,you seem to attach thoughts to every single thing its ridiculous,i even ask daft questions like why am i here what is life etc etc...i never thought like this before...we wasnt built for this type of thinking.

countrygirl
14-07-10, 08:31
Ive been told by Dr that health anxiety is one form of OCD and have to say that I believe this. I hate the frightened not to worry in case thats the time I should worry!

puppyskin
14-07-10, 16:05
i dont feel compelled to do stuff though.

jill07
14-07-10, 18:32
Always.... I think about the future and get really emotional thinking that I wont be here to see it (eg looking at a brochure about xmas in Lapland, tears well up thinking 'how many xmases will I have left with Chlo? Any?')
Must be part and parcel of the condition x

CrazyDiamond
14-12-10, 12:47
I feel EXACTLY the same, the feelins of my days are numbered and I will I see xmas, willI see so and so's birthday or will I miss out on this and that...!!

And I too think it must be true as if i 'know' it is because I have a spiritual sixth sense that knows things that other people dont...? Strange physic style things happen to me all the time this is why i convince myself that something is up with me and I know it and my days are numbered...

It's so crazy and annoying.. I think of other people and wonder do they think as much as me.. why do i think like this.. HELP!!