PDA

View Full Version : Tooth worry - White spot - having a panic

flumpkin
13-07-10, 18:42
Hi well here I am again in full shaky, dizzy, panic mode. Along with my health anxiety I have a huge fear of losing my teeth.

On sun I noticed a shite spOt at bottom of one of my top front teeth. Googles and says first of decay!!! It is a front tooth!!!! I have no idea how long it had been there but think recent as surely would have noticed it. Also thinking back I banged it on glass bottle a few days back maybe I have taken enamel off!! It hurts now but that could be in my head as I fixate on stuff. Plus sure it did not hurt until about a day of panicking. Not sensitive to cold but if I run my tongue over it then I can feel it is different - rougher :(

I am so scared It does not help that I am scared of losing teeth and they are not in great shape lots of large filings and more recently expensive inlays. I can't afford any work on them at mo either. I am due to see hygienist in 2 weeks and dentist in 5 is it ok to wait this long??

Please has anyone knowledge of teeth or experience of a White spot??

Just got over 2 major panics with cancer worries and now back to square 1. Fed up of Anxiety taking over and just desperate for reassurance xx

flumpkin
13-07-10, 18:46
Oops should preview post especially when typing on phone - should say White spot not shite spot :blush:

margaret jones
13-07-10, 18:50
Hi Flumpkin i like the typing error better You really need to let the dentist have a look it sounds like a slight chip which is easily mended and made to look brand new , please dont let this hiccup bring you down get it sorted asap

Take Care Maggie:D