PDA

View Full Version : Will upping the dose help???

monolithic
13-07-10, 19:46
Hello all. I've been on 20mg of citalopram for about two years now but really don't think it's helping. Would a larger dose make any difference???

Mark..

NorthernLight
13-07-10, 19:57
Hey Mark,

Two years is quite a while with no result. You may want to consult with your doctor about moving to 30 or possibly 40 mg. Should that not work, perhaps a change in medication is necessary.

monolithic
13-07-10, 21:37
I think they were working for a bit but I've been going through a really bad patch over the last few months and think I may need a higher dose or maybe even a change.

Ikzai
14-07-10, 03:37
Aye. That's whats been happening to me. Real bad patch for a while. Stopped taking my medicine cold turkey which only made it worse. I'm back on it now, though and I'm still not 100%.

JT69
14-07-10, 07:41
Hi,

I think that you should benefit from an increase but would only increase by 10mg initailly to 30mg (with the support of your GP obviously), that will minimise any further side effects from the increase.

I took citalopram on and off for around 9 years at 20mg but when going through a bad spell would increase to 30mg and then after some months of settling down again would reduce back to 20mg as I found this the thereputic dose for me but we are all different and I know there are people on here taking higher doses.

Hope you get some more support and that you feel better soon.

Take care.
Jo.xx