PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else.......

Neen
13-07-10, 20:51
Carry there stress and tension in there head, neck, throat and shoulders. On one side only? I mean is it possible? Why do I feel all of this on the right side?

joans60
13-07-10, 20:53
Hi there I do mine is always on the left hand side do you get the pressure on top of your head as well.

Joan

Neen
13-07-10, 21:00
Yep. I had it today. Right now, this moment all the pain is in my right TMJ, jaw and roots of my upper teeth hurt. Pain at the base of my skull ( right side) stiff neck, sensation of the lump in throat, keep swallowing. I had an Indian Head massage today. Was wonderful; however now back to square one!

Neen x

*D*
13-07-10, 21:08
OMG!! This is what have been dealing with so long!! It comes in spirts, when I have alot of stress its worse. The tension in my neck and the base of my skull is so bad!! Sometimes it feels like I am walking on a boat because my neck is sooo tence. You are not alone this really stinks. I have been to the chriopracter, it is temp fix. good luck..

D

Neen
13-07-10, 22:13
Yeah.... Sometimes I feel so 'weird' dizzy, kind of not 'here' it's a weird feeling of being detatched. The pain is horrid. I'm constantly poking and prodding my neck muscles, gland under my jaw to see if it's 'movable' still and not hard and getting bigger. So I'm constantly making it worse! It's s never ending cycle. I'm contemplating getting the diazepam I was prescribed 2 months ago? Just to help with the tension?

Neen x

Zee
14-07-10, 10:29
My neck & shoulder tension is on right as well.. Better some days than others.. I use a muscle cream on the shoulder and have some physio booked.

Gareth
14-07-10, 11:25
Yes absolutely, this is in fact the thing I am struggling with the most now, as the Citalopram takes care of most other symptoms.

I get really really bad shoulder tension on both sides so that my shoulders hunch forwards into my body. My neck pain is particularly bad on the right side and I constantly need to stretch my neck muscles, but this only seems to make it worse. The pain stretches down my right arm as well, making that arm weak. It's like a "line" of pain, going all the way from just below my right ear, through my neck muscles, down into my arm and even my right hand.

I guess I need to go to the osteopath or chiropractor or something but these things are really expensive.

Neen
14-07-10, 13:43
It's all moved today. It feels like it's all at the front of my head. I've still got the dull ache at the back of the skull but full, blown headache at the front. My front feels very full and I'm aware of it. Aware of swallowing. I feel tired and quite blocked? Is this all tension/stress/anxiety related????? I'm so worried docs are missing something. Im back there Friday. I want a scan???

N x