PDA

View Full Version : how limited are you??

puppyskin
13-07-10, 21:14
on a day to day basis how much are you affected by your illness,and how much do you think of yourself??

puppyskin
13-07-10, 21:16
with me im about 70% affected and think about myself 90% of the time.

onceagain
13-07-10, 21:36
I'd say about 80% affected and have a very low opinion of myself so my attention goes on to things and people that mean a lot to me ..

cattia
13-07-10, 21:44
For me it depends, I go through long phases where I am fine and I feel normal, then when I am having a flare up I think about myself all the time. I feel guilty for not paying enough attention to others, especially my daughter becasue I think it is unfair to be obessing about myself when I am looking after her, even though she is to young to understand, I just can't help it. I make myself do all the things I normally do but when I am in anxiety overdrive I don't enjoy anything and just go through the motions, it is hard to carry on as normal when your mind is somewhere else all the time.

puppyskin
13-07-10, 22:19
maybe im due some phases of normality??

jill07
13-07-10, 22:24
Having a massive effect on every day life, hate waking up feeling crap.... just that 5 minutes in a morning when everything seems that it might be ok, but then getting up and realising you feel as bad as yesterday. Fear everyday situations, get a few moments 'peace' every now and then when something happens to take your mind off it, but then you remember 'whoa, Im not worrying' and then it kicks off all over again!
I am sad.... sad that it has such a hold on me, sad Im not strong enough to fight it off, sad that I feel so rubbish.
But, got to keep fighting... stay positive and truly believe that there is a way out of this - we werent born like this, something caused it, so something out there can make it better.... just a long journey finding the right path sometimes! xxx

jill07
13-07-10, 22:25
I think I've forgotten what normality is!

puppyskin
13-07-10, 22:32
i must be luckier than you jill i get about 30 mins to an hour of ok in the morning.....ooooo i have no aches or pains..........bam.... remember me.?oh s**t.!!!

randomworry
14-07-10, 00:26
normality has disappeard for the time being for me but hey seeing the shrink tomorrow see if he can fix me!