PDA

View Full Version : MS issues

Nutmeg
13-07-10, 23:43
For months now I've been having on again off again issues with my eyes. I keep getting fuzzy vision in my right eye. I have to wear glasses anyway but that's not it. I've been to the doctors, to the opticians and they don't think it's anything. But it's got to be something I mean eye sight doesn't go fuzzy for no reason.

nomorepanic
13-07-10, 23:45
Well mine does sometimes as well.

I put it down to tiredness and stress.

I have never thought it was MS - where did you get that info from?

RLR
14-07-10, 00:31
When you say "fuzzy" I presume you are referring to blurred vision. Typically, MS tends to produce double vision and very often a central scotoma rather than blurred vision and this is due to effects upon the optic nerve.

Eye strain is more typically the underlying cause for difficulty with accommodation, which either produces blurred vision of objects near or far but rarely both. Problems associated with the tear duct that results in dry eyes can also produce blurred vision because the lens of the eye must be lubricated in order for refraction to function properly. Some medications can produce dry eyes as well as affect accommodation.

Computer Vision Syndrome is also a condition which can produce blurred vision in either one or both eyes and is also associated with strain. If you spend a great deal of time on the computer, then you need to take breaks, rest your eyes and make certain to use a quality artificial tear product to help keep them sufficiently lubricated.

Your symptoms would be very inconsistent with MS.

Best regards,

Rutheford Rane, MD (ret.)

crazyhayz
14-07-10, 00:35
I had this problem when i was going through a serious anxiety stage a few months back. It cleared up as soon as my anxiety faded, so i think anxiety can do this personally.

Nutmeg
15-07-10, 17:51
Sorry I was in a panic when I posted... I should probably take time and think things through but when I'm panicing I struggle. I of course was googling something and it kept coming up with that. I normally never google I know it doesn't help but we had a guest over who is waiting for her diagnosis and it got me worked up. I apologise for the panic. It's only because I've been having a lot of other symptoms that go hand in hand with it.

I apologise I really should wait til I can clear my mind to post.