PDA

View Full Version : Hiya!

Lindsey
18-02-06, 20:28
Hi I'm Lindsey. I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for 6 years. I am on cipralex and have had some CBT, group therapy and psychiatric help. I found this web site as my anxiety was affecting my performance at work and my supportive manager asked me to research anxiety (I never bothered to do this before!) I had an attack last week - I had to pull my car over as I thought I was having a heart attack as I had stabbing pains in my chest. I ended up in A and E - the doctor reassured me that I was not dying - my muscles had become so tense it was causing me pain!

Piglet
18-02-06, 20:44
A big welcome to the site to you and I hope you find lots to reassure you here.

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

sueiamnew
18-02-06, 20:46
Hi Lindsey and welcome to the site.

Tomimo
18-02-06, 20:48
Hello and welcome - you are not alone and this place is great for support and encouragement.

Annie x

nomorepanic
18-02-06, 21:21
Hi Lindsey

Welcome aboard. Take some time to read the website too - www.nomorepanic.co.uk

You are not alone with this so you will get loads of support here.

Nicola

jackie
18-02-06, 21:42
hi lyndsay
your not alone, and you will get great support here
jackie

Karen
18-02-06, 22:11
Hi Lindsay

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

clickaway
19-02-06, 00:26
Welcome aboard, Lindsey,

Muscular pains like that are oh so common. Not nice, but you'll find from looking at this site how varied the symptoms can be. Not always nice, in fact rarely nice [Sigh...]

Cheers, and take care

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

chucklehound
19-02-06, 09:22
Hi Lindsay, welcome to the forum!:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

trac67
19-02-06, 10:03
Hi Lindsey,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

ashley
19-02-06, 13:39
hay lindsey, i know exactley what your going through love i truley do.
I have palps so much its so uncomftable and nasty that i think here we go i'm going to have a heart attack and then i get chest pain, back pain and even pain in my jaw,al classic signs of a heart attact- and i get so so scared, but like the doctor said to you at the hospital ,because your body gets so tense it creates pains in ya body ,right now theres not a place in my body that dosnt hurt and if i tense myself i can feel it.
You are doing all the right things for recovery you just have to bear with it , and soon you will just wake up and feel new,it takes time i know that... im in the thick of it myself... but you will and in the meanwhile all ya nutty friends haha are here for you- we know how you feel.

ash x

jill
19-02-06, 20:59
Hi Lindsey

WELCOME TO THE SITE :D

There are lots of nice people here who will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

When you fear somethin,
learn as much about it as you can,
Knowledge conquers fear.

tracyp584
20-02-06, 09:28
Hey Lindsay,

Welcome to the site,

Take care,

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.