PDA

View Full Version : Trying not to go back to Dr

Claire80
14-07-10, 10:47
Hi

I was diagnosed with health anxiety last year following some bad treatment at the hospital for something else.

Ever since last April I have this feeling in the left side of my chest which is hard to explain, if I take a breath I feel something move (feels like a tube with something going up & down it) I have since 3 Drs since then who say that my lungs are clear, my heart is fine etc.

I feel that it is anxiety as when I am busy or distracted I don't feel it, wheareas surely if it was something sinister I would feel it all of the time and would be quite ill now.

I was last checked last december and it has not gotten any worse, I am just panicing about it as I am focusing on it I guess - I really want to break the Dr cycle.

Does anybody else get this symptom in their chest?

I had bloods done in april something different and in my head I know that if this was something to worry about it would have shown, especially as I have had it for over a year.

Also logically I am aware that I am having an anxious time, my Dad had a heart attack (he is ok thankfully), I am getting married at the end of the year and we are in the process of sorting a mortgage out - I guess I am just after some reassurance so that I can try to put this behind me and enjoy the planning of everything going on