PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, im new to this!!!

lisa73
14-07-10, 12:50
Hi all, im new to this site...My name is Lisa im 36 i live in the midlands with my twin 16 year old daughters and my partner!

6 months ago i lived at home with my mum and daughters, life was pretty much perfect... I went away on a trainning course to start a new job.. On the wednesday i had a 3 hour long test and i passed 99 percent, i was proud! That night i had a ticket for a football match but didnt want to travel back for the night as i was so tierd after having a long day.. I spoke with my mum at lengh as she was so proud.. At 1.30am that ngiht i was woken to a phone call by my daughter who was histercal on the phone.. I just knew some thing awful had happened to m mum, with been so far away from home i put the phone down and phoned my partner who lived 5 minutes away and told him to go round , i then phoned my sister and brother.. I had to get some one to drive me back to birmingham.. It was to late my mum had died.. Their had been a very violent break in at the property next door, 10/12 men in balaclavers and iron bars.. the police where called 3 times and never came out.. As a result my mum died of shock.. It was then my panic attacks started (as i typing this i can feel my herat raceing) I tryed cbt for a month and a half, it did ease them but during one of my sessions i had the worst attack ever and never went back, we did speak on the phone a few times after and they just seemed to go.. Still got anxious but i could live with it.. I gave up the will to live as my mum was no longer their.. It took me a while before pulling myself together and really wanting my life back.. So a month ago i tryed going back to work, i wok in sales and loved it! On the way i had 3 panic attacks, one after another, that had never happened to me before, i just use to get maybe 2 a week.. I did go to work but was very drained.. I havnt gone back since as im to scared.. I am really at the point now where im desprete to get my life back but now my panic attacks are back they are curently controlling my life.. I have always been a very strong person, very bubbly and out going.. Im not going to let this beat me!! Now way, ive had enough!! It pittys me to see so many ppl suffer but its all so a comfort to know im no longer alone.. Im going to have some breavment councilling and see what i can get from this site.. Good luck to you all.. We will all get their in time :)

nomorepanic
14-07-10, 12:51
Hi lisa73

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Jaguar
14-07-10, 13:02
:welcome: Lisa im new to this too peeps on here seem really helpful understanding and kind Good luck hope you find this site helps you all the best Max X :D