PDA

View Full Version : virus,sinus,headaches

jojothepixie2006
18-02-06, 23:18
hey Im really worried i have a sinus infection as i read up on it and it sounds like me i have the headaches the pains in those areas and i had a throat infection on top of that i have gone to the docs she said its a virus still but its been lingering for 3 weeks and the symtoms are getting much worse and the thing is i havent been tense or worried about it till now . My neck hurts i have headaches every day with so many sensations i cant even describ anymore and my eyes are effected by it to and my face. I dont know what to do the doctor wont do anything more. im now gettin aches and pains everywhere also i read that if the sinus is infected it can spread to the brain or eye socket and i feel im gettin symtoms of it doing this as my symtoms are getting worse.HELP!

Jo x

nomorepanic
18-02-06, 23:44
Sorry to hear you feel rubbish

A lot of those symptoms are anxiety too so could be a mix of the 2 going on.

Have they given you anything for it?

Nicola

jojothepixie2006
18-02-06, 23:47
They havent as the doctor doesnt really know wat it is she just checked me over and said it was a virus. The thing i hate is not knowing what type it is.Does feel like its gettin worse think i may have to go back Monday :(

Henry_Rollins
19-02-06, 06:27
If it is a virus that translates into that you hathing more than a common cold. They are also caused by a virus. It can take up to a month possibly longer to rid your body of a virus. I have had a virus related to allergies since January 1st. - I have many of the same problems you list above. The doctor told me to take Clariton D or Zyrtec. Says my Eustacian tube (or inner ear) is clogged and causing my problems.

You will be just fine. Drink tons of water! Get rest!

feege
19-02-06, 09:36
Hi Jo

I have been having something similar over the last few weeks - actually before xmas..... dizziness, feeling sort of swollen on the right side of my face, headaches, stiff neck etc.... and a couple of weeks ago the doc said there was fluid in my ear.

I can't seem to shift it but the doc is not interested or able to suggest anything and it seems to be really common... sinusitis/ear infections can leave inflammation that takes a long time to settle completely and for those of us with anxiety the muscles start aching as well and can affect everything.

Try to relax and take care of yourself - it will pass, albeit slowly...

Good luck xxxx

fee
xx

Tomimo
19-02-06, 12:01
That sounds unpleasant. It's probably a mixture of being bunged up and anxiety.

I always find that if I am ill with anything, even a cold then the symptoms are very similar to those of anxiety.

I hope it passes soon.

Annie x

jojothepixie2006
19-02-06, 20:11
cheers everyone im going to the doc tomorrow see if i can take anything as i was in agony last nite literally in tears coz of the pain :(