PDA

View Full Version : I feel totally depressed and useless

dan84sim
14-07-10, 19:28
Thanks to everyone who responded to my last post by my symptoms are changing and getting worse:

I'm now getting this weird feeling between my chest and throat, it feels like a cross between just before your sick and a shortness of breathe, had a severe panic attack on the train today, couldn't swallow at allow, kept feeling as though my throat was closing, racing heart again, just freaked out..

My whole face ache's behind my nose, behind my ears, my throat - it's so weird, it feels like i have burnt my throat or something because all the air i breathe in and out feels really warm, there feels like there is no relief at all, is this always going to be the case because it's driving me crazy now, I think I am going mad..

Neen
14-07-10, 20:29
I feel for you I really do. I've had attacks on the train. Also going down to the tube! Wasn't good that I needed to use the trains and tube as I worked in London. Needless to say I quit that job. I'm ok with them now but wasn't at the time. I totally understand where you are coming from.

The other day when I was freaking out about my stiff, sore, aching right ride (neck, throat, shoulder, right sided headache) I thought my throat was going to close. It all felt very scary. I have this ache in my head now. It changes position but never leaves the original position. Hard to explain. This stress can take it's toll on our bodies. Your throat probably feels the way it does because it was so tense when you were having your attack.

We all need to try and overcome this. We all know deep down we are being irrational but it doesn't help when we are feeling REAL SYMPTOMS. And we are! They are very real. But our mind can cause so many symptoms as well. The mind is so powerful. Do you have and relaxation techniques? I do try. And I'm trying to pretend my pain isn't in my head and convince myself I haven't got a brain tumor! It's very hard!

My thoughts and prayers are with us all. Always here for a chat.

Neen xx

bashley
15-07-10, 10:28
Hi Dan i couldn't believe it when i read your post every symptom you listed i have.
I also paid to go to Bupa and cardiologist told me its all anxiety. I have had so much stress recently and my anxiety it at an all time high, i have pains everywhere, my heart races i have had ectopics. I get so down and scared that it is something bad but once i look up at this site i realise that other people have the same symtoms and it all points to anxiety.
You will be ok could you try something like yoga, or reflexology is supposed to work.