PDA

View Full Version : Early Period

Mondie
14-07-10, 20:49
Hi All, I am having a bit of a freak out and need some help! My period is normally on a 28 day cycle, regular as clockwork. Last month I got my period on Day 24 and now I feel like I am going to get my period and I am only on day 21. Anyone else suddenly had irregular periods for no reason?
Thanks

Mondie
14-07-10, 23:13
Anyone?

nikkinoo
14-07-10, 23:20
Hi,
I have been having the same symptoms for the last few months. I too had a regular 28 day cycle and things have become irregular. Last month I began to get the symptoms on day 18 and I started on day 21. This month I have started on day 24! I have put it down to my age and my anxiety. It is most annoying isn't it?
Kindest regards Nikki :-)x

blueangel
15-07-10, 00:02
Hellooooooo

Periods can do what they like for no apparent reason I've found. However, a big thing that can disrupt the pattern is going perimenopausal. If you're late 30s-early 40s, then it can be quite common. My cycle went like this a few years ago and it was the prelude to other perimenopausal stuff. My GP told me that at "this age" it's part of the process of the ovaries shutting down, and the cycle can vary from shorter than usual (somewhere around 21-25 days) to longer than usual (35-42 days), which are often periods that have occurred without ovulation to make the process work properly.

However, if you're not likely to be perimenopausal, there are still loads of things which can affect your cycle, including stress!

Hope this helps.

Kelley
15-07-10, 14:43
I was about to say exactly what Blueangel just said! How old are you?

Kel :)

Mondie
15-07-10, 14:54
I'm 33; haven't had kids yet, so hope it's not my ovaries shutting down! I remembered that I took some northisterone tablets a few months ago to delay my period whilst I was on my honeymoon so I'm putting it down to that...Thanks for the replies though xx

Kelley
15-07-10, 15:07
Makes absolute sense Mondie. Always keep a diary with that kind of stuff so you can have a look at what may have contributed before you panic!
That must be a hormone altering medication which may have affected the balance for a bit :)