PDA

View Full Version : 30mg to 20 mg make such a difference

chrisl
14-07-10, 21:05
HI all , second day of 20mg of cit , dont feel to bad at all apart from headache , bit light headed . Last year my wife left me and things went down hill fast,doctor put me on 30mg of cit and 10 mg of diazipam . By they end of the first week on the meds i was so down i overdosed on the diazipam and after leaving hospital was sent to haven witch is run buy the crisis team , had no choice in the matter .when i came out after 7 days i decided no more meds , So have bean struggling for Nealy a year with out them , but still going to work but its been very hard. Things have got really bad the last month so went to the doctors and been put on 20mg and i have to say i was scared stiff to take them. But i dont feel too bad at all plus they put me on 2.5 mg of diazipam .So what iam asking can a reduction in the med make such a difference:huh:

NoPoet
16-07-10, 10:35
Hi mate, yes, being on too high or too low a dose can really make a difference. Too high, and you will be tired, demotivated and dizzy; too low and you will still be anxious and distressed, maybe even more so than normal.
It is probably going to be obvious if someone is on the wrong dose.

chrisl
16-07-10, 14:58
Thanks Adam

suzy-sue
16-07-10, 17:02
I found 40mg too high a dose .I reduced to 35mg and I found it to be the dose that worked for me .Even a small ammount like 5mg can make all the difference . Sometimes Drs perscribe too high a dose to start with and increase doses BY too much .This is so avoidable starting on a low dose and slowly increasing is the best and most effective way of finding the right dose for each person .I hope you have a better experience this time .All the best Sue x

chrisl
16-07-10, 21:38
Thank sue I have been on 20mg since Monday and the only side effects i have ,headache,feeling tired . Much better than last time , so will give them a real go this time , plus i think i have more willpower this time to keep going. :yesyes: