PDA

View Full Version : Very itchy nipple, sign of breast cancer?

louise123_uk
15-07-10, 00:16
My right nipple is incredibly itchy, its been like this off and on for last week and a half, plus the skin is flaking off. Theres also raised little bumps non the area just around the nipple, but I think these are just raised hair follicles.

Does anyone think this is anything o worry about, I stupidly googled it and it actually comes up as a symptom of breast cancer!!!! A type called Pagets disease! Am I over-reacting or does this sound like something that needs checking?

blueangel
15-07-10, 00:19
Hi Louise

A friend of mine had symptoms like this a couple of years ago. When she had it checked out, it turned out that she just had eczema. If it doesn't seem to settle on its own in a few days, get it checked out for your own peace of mind. From what I've heard though, Paget's disease is pretty rare in women under 40, so if you're in this age group, thinking about the stats/probabilities might help!

xfilme
15-07-10, 09:28
i have it from time to time. Its never concerned me. Usually the main symptom of breast cancer (other than lumps) is an inverted nipple. I dont think itching has much to do with it. its likely its just been irritated by your clothing or shower gel residue... or a change of laundry detergent etc.