PDA

View Full Version : felt lightheaded with a common cold? normal?

NeverRelaxed
15-07-10, 01:59
I have a beast right now! A massive summer cold...came on yesterday and ive felt awful all day today! my throat is scracthy and irritated..I have a bad cough..it burns everytime I cough ffs! and my nose alternated between being stuffy and running like a dodgy tap. all this and the usual malaise/muscle pains etc etc...Im just wondering..I feel kinda lightheaded at times?? has anyone ever felt tht with a cold?

Im up late as I cant sleep...Ive had a couple of sachets of lemsip and some aspirin..hasnt rly touched it! guess you just have to ride these things out.

traciec39
15-07-10, 02:12
Hi There
Sorry to hear that your unwell, colds can be horrible thins to put up with.
The lightheadedness is totally normal, I often get it even with a slight cold.
The only thing I found that helped was inhalation with Olbas oil, its great!!!
Wish you a speedy recovery xxxx

NeverRelaxed
15-07-10, 05:17
oh yeah! its classic stuff! got loads of it on the go!!

Anxious_gal
15-07-10, 05:44
try taking multivitamins. I feel lightheaded a lot and find sometimes a cold fizzy drink can help :-)
sorry to hear your not feeling well.

leeann
15-07-10, 07:43
Hiya I have a really bad cold as well :( had it for a week now my chest is killing this morning, and to cough is so painful! I also feel light headed and all my muscle hurts :( Im nearly 16 weeks pregnant and haven't got a clue what i can take! hope you feel better soon xx

blueangel
15-07-10, 10:11
I nearly always get lightheaded with a cold; I think it's because it affects our ears and therefore our balance as well. I had a stonker of a bad throat about 6 weeks ago and completely lost my voice for 5 days, which wasn't fun.

mel1972
18-07-10, 17:47
I feel the same, just got back from Cornwall on friday - dodgy weather so have since caught a cold, but like always with HA its no ordinary cold ... Grrr I am obviously going to have a heart attack as my chest is tight and burning when I cough or I have a brain clot as my head is going to explode and what is the itchy skin all about!
I am on sertraline so i cant take any cold/flu remedies and I know i am being ridiculous but why does telling myself its normal cold symptoms not stop me worrying that it's something worse!
I give up trying to work this crap disorder out.
Chin up and keep smiling i suppose! :shrug:

dodo
18-07-10, 20:37
Snap, feel exactly the same at the moment. I can't believe that a cold can make you ache all over and I feel a bit like I'm shaking/buzzing all over???? What's that all about?

leeann
18-07-10, 20:45
Im finding it so hard to shift this cold! Anxiety makes a cold so much worse :weep: x

Wazza2018
24-01-18, 07:47
i have a had a cold, sneezing and I'm getting continuous headache which I have had since yesterday morning.

I have been off work since Tuesday, I can't seem to sleep, even though I have been going to bed 10pm-10.30pm.

Is there a cure for this?

Bigboyuk
24-01-18, 13:41
No Wazza not really you can lessen the symptoms with those OTC meds but tbh it's 'that' time of year again you will have to ride out the storm like everyone else does, keep hyrdrated at all times :) ATB