PDA

View Full Version : anxiety resurging

jaded jean
15-07-10, 07:52
Since my volountary change of job role my anxiety has started to rear its ugly head again . my circumstances of the change were a little unsettling, but I am very slowley accepting it. its started to happen in the mornings and will last through till I take mey evening meds and I know it will relax me but I dont want to continue in this vein as I feel I have gone backwards in my recovery , it will get better wont it. I hope so

Jean

Vixxy
15-07-10, 10:02
Hi Jean. Sorry to hear youve had a change thats upsetting you. I think we can all sympathise with that.
May I suggest you wake a little earlier and listen to a relaxation tape before you get out of bed? It really helped me to reduce the morning nerves.

whatisthis
15-07-10, 13:51
I think its impossible to go backwards in recovery unless you react to the anxiety the way it wants you to. Just a blip and another chance to learn.

Every time mine comes back I laugh at it and try as much as possible to continue as normal. usually the blips get shorter and shorter.

Vixxy
15-07-10, 17:31
Very true, if you convince yourself that this blip is a major set back then it will be. If you can just accept it might be a little more difficult to do stuff, but only for a short while it wont hit as bad.

jaded jean
15-07-10, 18:51
Yes Vixxy
even my husband said that I had taken the situation better than he thought I would. I am semi? anxious in the mornings , I manage to do the job and when I get home it starts up a little I am trying to occupy myself I just wish It would go, which it will in time, but thats me the patience of a gnat!!!:mad:
Jean