PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop being sick

twilight
15-07-10, 11:58
Hi I started my sertraline 50mg tablets a week ago tomorrow and I've never felt this poorly for this long in ages :(

I've had to take them at midday rather than morning as within 1hr I'm feeling sick and last 4 days I've been sick a lot. My anxiety is spiraling downwards fast and I am anxious 24/7 it feels. All my muscles feel tense ready to run, my heart is constantly racing and I'm burning hot and the dodgy tum kicks in. I explained to hubby that I feel like a rabbit constantly running between headlights :(

I've actually been unable to go to work today after 3 hrs sleep-my puppy had an op yesterday which has left me worried and staying awake to check on her :( I began throwing up at 4 am and this carried on until 6.

My vision is all over the shop, I've lost all appatite, I can't concentrate and I'm tired. Hubby wants me to go back to gp and stop them but I know all meds give you side effects for the first week or 2 so do I perserveer or stop??

Xxx

Kerry B
15-07-10, 12:17
Hi Twilight, I am so anxious having a terrible time at the moment i am on day 14 today of Seroxate 20mg I spoke to my CPN as I had a terrible day yesterday been signed off work, he diud say that some tablets can make you feel worse first before better, so I am holding onto those words, I do feel for you as its a awful time in your life at the moment. x

cwoz82
16-07-10, 12:51
Hi guys,
I'm currently on my 2 week moving onto my third on sertraline, the nausea has not left and a few times i have actually vomitted. Headaches, although not so bad to begin with are becomming incresingly bad and lasting all day which is not good when trying to work. Going to see my doctor monday as although i'm on 50mg perhaps i can do just 25 for a time.
I went on sertraline as opposed to Citalporam which i was on for 18 months until December and i never want to go on it again as the side effects were with me the entire 18 months from start to finish but the pills were so good i didnt care! Citalopram made my blood pressure plummit which causes visual disturbances and dizzy spells. Am starting to feel this on Sertraline now too. On the meds while waiting for CBT...2 weeks to my initial consultation with the local mental health team. On the flip side i have been a lot more relaxed, anxiety next to nothing and my depression has lifted...such a catch 22 these meds!

Keep your chins up guys, we'll get there eventually!