PDA

View Full Version : Peed Off!!!!!!!!!!!!

yorkylover
15-07-10, 15:22
I had some blood tests done last week one being for testosterone levels.Last night I asked at the surgery if they were back and the receptionist said yes and said quite abruptly there ok.Well what does ok mean!!!!

My gp said I didn't need to go back if all was ok,but I know something is going on with my hormone's and so what does ok mean!!!!does that mean my testosterone level's are ok are they slightly above normal what!!!!What is it causing my symptoms!!!!!

I don't want to make an appointment for nothing but I do what someone to explain the results to me,not just a receptionist.Worst thing is I work there!!!!!!

Also has anyone here on treatment for pcos? Gp offered me some meds for my facial hair and acne which is usually offered to teenagers but it can cause thrombosis so I refused,I cant remember what it was called,I think it was dianette.
:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

mumble
15-07-10, 15:53
Dianette is a birth control. I took it briefly for my hormones. It effected me very badly and had to come off them. They do treat PCOS too. The thrombosis isn't usually an issue as long as you stay active. More commonly a problem for people who are sat down all day.

Is there any way you could ask to speak to your dr about the results? At our surgery they do that all the time.

absentia
15-07-10, 17:26
Insist that you want to SEE the results on paper and have a copy. One thing I hate about doc's is they only tell you if it is in acceptable range. What is to say that you are not borderline in this range?

yorkylover
15-07-10, 23:45
Thank you for your help.:hugs: