PDA

View Full Version : Just joined..

JaJa
15-07-10, 18:45
Hi, my name is Jamie, I have just joined the forum.. I am 32 year old male in London.

I have been experiencing health anxiety for about 2 years now, on and off, good periods and bad.. Having a bad one at the moment and yes I am one of those who google every symptom and quite often make myself feel worse - but I am just looking for reassurance..

I have been depressed and anxious this week, convincing myself that I have something really wrong with me (terminally).. am feeling very frustrated by it all.. basically this particular occasion I have a mild tightness choking like sensation in my throat with some mild hoarseness, my stomach has been playing up so I have been feeling sick and I have these twinges in the centre of my torso - or rather the point where the lower ribs meet near the centre... About a year ago I had a full MOT, blood counts, chest x ray etc because of my health anxieties at the time but its been just over a full year
now so things could have changed so much, not been able to relax all week but I feel encouraged by some of the things I am reading at the moment..

Anyway thats me at the moment!!
All the best
Jamie

Neen
15-07-10, 18:56
Hi jamie,

You're not alone and you will seek help and maybe make some friends on this site? I too have trouble with my throat. It feel like I have something in there? Right hand side only. I have pain in my chest right side, pain in my neck, base of skull and a right sided headache. This tension all started because of the lump in the throat sensation. GP's don't believe me! That put it all down to anxiety!!! But I know my body! I'm back at docs tomorrow and I am demanding a scan or ultrasound. I can't cope with this feeling in my throat any longer. It's been going on for over 3 months. I can't bare the pain either. I totally, totally sympathise with your throat problem and think I have a 'growth' growing and nobody believes me. So I understand you HA. Please keep posting and the lovely people on here will help you.

Nina xx

Baggs
15-07-10, 22:31
Welcome to NMP. I hope that this site helps you as much as it's helped me. All the best. Baggs.

Vanilla Sky
15-07-10, 23:28
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x