PDA

View Full Version : Scared about seeing the Doctor

Jamie1990
15-07-10, 20:09
I booked an appointment on Monday to see the doctor for Friday morning (tomorrow)

All week i have been feeling really anxious about it and contemplating on whether to go or not.

I keep thinking that maybe it's all in my head....

My anxiety is not as bad as others. Like i have only had one or two panic attacks and they where very mild - chest pain,couldn't breathe.

I haven't left my home in weeks and sometimes its months before i leave the home for anything.... So i guess i'm showing symptoms of Agoraphobia...

I'm just so confused.

I am feeling really embarrased about seeing the doctor..
The worst thing i've gone to see him about is hay fever...
I just don't know what i'm going to say.

Like if i do decide to go..
I will be feeling really anxious about leaving the house...
I HATE walking on the streets..Incase i see someone i know.
My worst nightmare is bumping into someone from years back...

But the thing is when i see my GP i know i will be feeling not very anxious at all...

My anxiety comes and goes at different times..

I just don't know what to do.

I have not one friend,I have no job or money.... No life basically...
And i think its down to anxiety but i keep getting thoughts that maybe it might be something else...

i jus dunno :(

Zee
15-07-10, 21:03
I really hate seeing the GP. I didnt go for 10 years until recently and thats because I was so fed up of sinus/ear type problems.. best thing to do is write down notes before you see your gp and you can either refer to them or hand them to him as I did.. he was so pleased i had taken the time to do that because , as he said, so many people forget to say things when they go to the surgery . Hope all goes well for you.