PDA

View Full Version : totally paranoid now

randomworry
15-07-10, 20:30
hi guys

i stupidly told my psychiatrist that i told the GP a lie when i saw him.........do you reckon this will go on my records and effect any future diagnosis at the GP! im actually really scared even though it would only effect future illnesses!!

it was a very minor lie but i majorly regret i told him!!

onceagain
15-07-10, 20:55
I don't think so depending on what it is, like you I keep a lot of how I feel inside .. I give people what I want to and dependent on how much trust I feel at that moment in time.

I too have admitted to not being honest with doctor etc when they have asked me questions that whilst I know the answer to I cannot deal, that is all part of our illness and the doctors understand, the main thing is that you have opened up now so this will only benefit you in the long run x

randomworry
16-07-10, 19:53
man i feeling kind of physically sick knowing the GP might find out i told a very white lie. im scared it will come back and bite me on the backside!

cassy1989
16-07-10, 21:42
Unless you told your psychiatrist you were thinking of hurting some one or some one else was hurting you then nothing you say in your sessions can be repeated any where. Not even to your doctors. Try not to worry about it because your psychiatrist is not allowed to say any thing to any one! They could be fired for doing it xx

Humly
17-07-10, 13:36
Please dont worry about it as you are not the only one. People lie to their doctors all the time and the doctors know it and accept it as part of the profession. It doesnt sound as if it was anything at all and I agree that whatever you told your psychiatrist is confidential and wont be repeated to anyone else. I have worried about many different things in the past (not just health worries) and when I look back I cant believe that I got into such a state about something I said or did.

I hope you are feeling better. Best wishes.

onceagain
17-07-10, 20:41
my GP is leaving our surgery so gutted as he held very communitive connections with my therapy, sometimes if I find it hard to say something to him or MHT then they converse..they did ask if this was okay I didn't even realise that that wasn't standard procedure ...makes me realise just how much I am going to miss him, he helped me so much and he leaves next week I think.. I cried when he told me...

I really really really don't think you have anything to worry bout, it is difficult to open up at times and you should be feeling better that you have let whatever it was out x