PDA

View Full Version : EFT

panicdiva
15-07-10, 22:38
OK, I started CBT last Thurs. Had my 2nd appointment today. It was all about EFT. I practised it, he gave me literature on it & a cd to watch, which I did. I am not sure about it at all. Has anyone had success with this?

miss_moose
16-07-10, 17:37
Hello, i've had EFT a few times, with different therapists.

I thought it worked the first time, i had it for agoraphobia, it had been years since i'd left my house and with in an hour i was walking around my garden.

That could have just been with boosted confidence but i believed in it because nothing had got me outside before the eft session.
Although i didnt go out anymore after that for years again so it could have been a boost and then something you need to carry on with.

I had it again a few years later, this time it was for my fear of food/being sik. I didn't think that helped at all, but maybe i was supposed to carry it on and do it when i was about to eat, rather than just leave it with one session.

When you are anxious or have a big thing to do you could try it and see if it has a calming affect on you.

I keep meaning to do this and learn the technique using the internet (there are lots of videos on youtube).

take care x